Old
5nl zoom TPTK facing a triple barrel - Mon Mar 10, 2014, 03:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

17/11 74 hands
flop cbet 2/2
turn cbet 1/1 wouldn't rely much on it
Is it time to give up on the river?
I was concerned as I'm not sure he will triple barrel with QJ here, we beat KJ and that's it.
We have to be 24% good here but vs TT+,44-33,AJs,KJs,AJo,KJo we are good 20%, I don't take into account the times we split. (equilab shows 28%, I take KJ - 8 combos out of 39 possible = 0.2)

Last edited by Praydk; Mon Mar 10, 2014 at 03:21 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 03:35 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
Checked my database, just fold on the river, without reads.

Last edited by bhoylegend; Mon Mar 10, 2014 at 03:53 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 03:47 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
This one is tough. I don't see very many players triple barreling for thin value at micro stakes. I think this is a fold OTR. Villain is nitty and I only see them doing this with QQ+ and sets. The only bluffs I see in his range are AQ and AK of spades. I don't see them firing three bullets with QJ or KJ, I often see villains checking back AJ here OTR.

Old
Tue Mar 11, 2014, 01:05 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi Praydk

The villain doesn't seem to get out of line looking at his stats. If anything he is a bit passive (preflop at least). When he bets every street (and the sizing), I think we need to give him credit for having a strong hand such as J10, sets and overpairs being most likely. Without having seen the villain bet the river on a missed draw, I prefer to fold a single pair here. As dirt eh says, I don't think we will see JQ or JK too often. Calling as you did up to the river is fine, but I would fold on the river.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com