Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5nl zoom playing AQo OOP

Old
5nl zoom playing AQo OOP - Mon Mar 10, 2014, 04:04 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2012

In the dark when it comes to playing hands like AQ and KQ oop, especially vs early-mid position opens
This player was 35/24 wtsd 43 68 hands
flop cb 83, turn cb 33 (1/3)
I called to float oop which doesn't seem to be too profitable, realised I don't have a plan. What would it be with a hand like this? should I 3bet it vs an early position range or flat and x/f when missed(which doesn't look nice either).

Old
Mon Mar 10, 2014, 04:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
PF: Personally, I think flatting or 3bet are both good options. 3betting might be better. I wouldn't be too happy to see an ACE or a QUEEN. We can't take too much heat with AQ. Fold to a 4bet.

If we had AQs I would just flat in the blinds vs all opens. (AQs is much easier to play with high cards and flush potential, also if we 3bet AQs and the villain 4bets, it sucks because now we have to throw away AQs. I don't mind throwing away AQo.

OTF: fold to the villains cbet.

Old
Tue Mar 11, 2014, 10:52 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I think calling flop against a wider range seems alright with AQ on this board as many worse hands may c-bet. Against an EP open I would rather fold here.

As played I like your turncall and river check, as villains may be continuing to bluff or valuebet thin. Once you get to the river and suddenly start to feel bad about calling I guess it shows that the flop call wasn't optimal.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com