Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

KJ open from ep, flop and turn good, what's the best bet sizing here?

Old
KJ open from ep, flop and turn good, what's the best bet sizing here? - Tue Mar 11, 2014, 10:09 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Hi Guys,
A bit of a loose opening here, I don't do this too often from ep. Cbet flop, get called, turn is great but I somehow bet too small? I am afraid a big turn bet here will make villain think I have a hand like AK, KQ, and is the river bet also too small? Villain does not seem to want to fold his hand (he mucks JJ) so should I bet big on the river? I would expect him to 3bet JJ and not just call so I was thinking he had some small pair.

Time Vault Champion 2013

Last edited by mr mendes 20; Tue Mar 11, 2014 at 10:13 PM..

Old
Wed Mar 12, 2014, 03:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Nice hand!

Pre isn't all that loose from MP, for me it's actually a standard open at the majority of tables.

I like your postflop betsizings, although I would probably bet slightly bigger (60c) OTT. But your reasoning seems good given that villain's coldcalling and flop calling range will consist of a lot of small/medium pairs (especially 9x) here.

You might consider checking river as two draws bust out, but I feel like people are less likely to bluff paired boards OTR in general so I would go for value from pairs like 9x which won't bet themselves mostly.

Live Trainer

Last edited by PSO-xflixx; Wed Mar 12, 2014 at 03:45 AM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com