Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Hand Evaluation please :)

Old
Hand Evaluation please :) - Wed Mar 12, 2014, 04:05 AM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2014
BronzeStar
Hy Guys was hoping for a hand Evaluation.

I actually won this one but was wondering...

Given My position was it good to call the Flop, when i flopped the straight should I have been more aggressive.

I must say i was bricking it when the last Clubs came down Ive been Done by so many flush rivers this last week.

Thanks in Advanced guys

Old
Im A DONUT it would help if I posted the Hand :) - Wed Mar 12, 2014, 07:47 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2014
BronzeStar

Old
Wed Mar 12, 2014, 10:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
*moved to analysis forum* - Fadyen

Tournament of Champions Winner 2013

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 12, 2014, 10:40 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi Mryilly!

Without knowing what type of tourney this came from, I'll guess and say it's a cash one. If it's a league, I'm not even opening T9s from ANY position.. as it's way, too weak.
Even with this being a standard tourney, T9s is not strong enough to open with from mid position and due to this, I need to muck preflop. If it folded to me on the button, then I'd make a standard raise, which for this blind level is to 2.5BB+1BB for each limper (500 chips).
I do not want to open-limp hands as this is a very weak play that can be easily exploited by an observant opponent. If a hand is not strong enough to make a standard raise with, then I need to fold it.

I flop the current nuts and an opp makes an abnormally small bet at me. I absolutely need to raise this and the key is the sizing of it. A standard postflop bet against one opp is 1/2 pot, so I need to raise by 1/2 pot, to 780. I do not want to raise to less than this or I can be giving the opp the correct odds to try to outdraw me. If I do so and lose, it's my own fault that I lose the hand.

The same thing on the turn, but now there is also a flush draw. When the opp makes an abnormally small bet again, I need to raise.. however, this time, a standard bet will pot-commit me (put over 1/3 of my remaining chips into the pot)... due to this, I need to shove the turn.

The key though is to muck marginal hands preflop from middle position.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com