25nl deep - Semibluffing low turn

Old
25nl deep - Semibluffing low turn - Wed Mar 12, 2014, 06:56 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Stats

UTG - VPIP: 39, PFR: 11, 3B: 5, AF: 1.5, Hands: 36
SB - VPIP: 30, PFR: 22, 3B: 5, AF: 2.5, Hands: 1523

Pre is pretty standard i think. Fish limps UTG and aggressive reg isolates. We're deep enough and IP with a pretty much guaranteed multiway pot so I call.

Flop a gutshot, so I call as I would a large % of my range (overpairs, sets, flush draws, two pairs etc) and to also keep the fish in.

Turn is pretty much a blank and he continues firing. I feel this is a pretty good spot to semibluff because this board generally hits my range harder than him. I feel he'll be very overpair heavy when he barrels turn and if he does bet/call the turn I can put a tonne of pressure on his range OTR.

As a bonus we have blockers to the nuts.

I also have a 3 and 5 as likely outs.

If he calls the pot will be $45 with $37.50 behind and I can happy shove a every river.

Thoughts?

Last edited by birdayy; Wed Mar 12, 2014 at 07:01 AM..

Old
Wed Mar 12, 2014, 12:07 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Personally, If you're going to outplay this REG, I would prefer a cbet raise here instead of a tbet raise. With your hand strength, you're not going to want that fish to stay in.

As played, the T of spades OTT doesn't help your case of repping a monster, the low board OTF is better for you to rep a strong hand right away. As for shoving the river... No idea to tell you the truth. I don't play enough deep stack to know what to do there. I think it's fine if you know the villain is capable to lay down KK+ on ANY river card that comes vs a shove from you.

Personally I would shove any diamond (except for the ACE of diamonds), 3 or 5 and also if the board pairs.

Just my opinion!

Old
Wed Mar 12, 2014, 03:01 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2011
With the worst relative position, I think the flop might even be a fold, as villain 2 can put a post-flop squeeze on you with a pretty wide range.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 12, 2014, 06:20 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
With the worst relative position, I think the flop might even be a fold, as villain 2 can put a post-flop squeeze on you with a pretty wide range.
I agree with Arty, unless our plan is to outplay the REG.

Old
Wed Mar 12, 2014, 09:55 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Villain 2 is a passive fish who will never put pressure on our range.

Old
Thu Mar 13, 2014, 05:07 AM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Not quite sure how profitable a flopcall can be with you not closing action being in a bad sandwich spot and the boardtexture offering you not a lot to extract tons of value from. Even a weaker player may not pay you off when you hit a 5 or 3, especially when it's a diamond (not to speak of the potential reverse implied odds). I would at least consider raising flop more than calling here. That being said you can definitely represent slowplayed sets OTT, but the question is will villain be good enough to realize that^^

You probably know your typical 25NL deepstack villain better than I do so I would go with your gut feeling here.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com