Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM 6-max, AKo vs. COLD 4B from BB

Old
10NL ZOOM 6-max, AKo vs. COLD 4B from BB - Wed Mar 12, 2014, 11:08 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
No idea... I was thinking about jamming this pre.

Villain(274):15/12/2.5
TOT 3BET: 6.8
COLD 4BET+: 22 on 9 samples

Old
Wed Mar 12, 2014, 11:17 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
I prefer calling the 4b to shoving given the positional action and stats of the 4better.

There's also a case for folding, but I feel since we are a little deeper than normal, IP and getting an decent price with a hand that dominates all AXs 4b bluffing, we should be calling.

Given we called pre I would call down.

Last edited by birdayy; Wed Mar 12, 2014 at 11:19 AM..

Old
Wed Mar 12, 2014, 12:17 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi dirt eh,

I think this 4bet looks really strong. Villain plays a tight style and because MP did not limp, then they should give us credit when we 3bet which makes it less likely they would squeeze light as opposed to a situation when we raise a limper.

I actually think hands like AQs, JJ/TT would call this 3bet rather than 4bet. So their 4betting range looks like premium hands to me {QQ+, AK}; I am ruling out QQ because some would x/c flop others would not shove the turn. So now we are either splitting with AK or losing to AA - I think we can also rule out some KK because there's already two kings we see and they really have no interest to shove the turn with the second nuts. I think we will see AdAh here We need atleast 35% equity to call and against AA, AK we have 33%. I could call if I had the As but I think I'd fold this to the turn shove. I could be wrong and they could be jamming with QsQh; If you think about it we just have TP on a paired board with three spades on board and they are over shoving.

Last edited by geoVARTA; Wed Mar 12, 2014 at 12:20 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com