Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL ZOOM, DEEP Stack off OTR Q high flush

Old
25NL ZOOM, DEEP Stack off OTR Q high flush - Thu Mar 13, 2014, 12:14 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Just took the first shot at 25NL, and got into this situation.
How's my bet sizing and should I be stacking off this deep OTR as played?

UTG(143):28/16/3.5
CO: Unknown only 5 hands

Old
Thu Mar 13, 2014, 01:26 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
I'm stacking off there against an unknown.

While it is possible, it is highly unlikely we are beat, we flopped the 3rd nut flush. If he flopped better than that. Fair play.

Old
Thu Mar 13, 2014, 03:17 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
No idea but you only beat 9Thh, i think on this stack size i would call the flop and if i see a heart turn and lose to Ah x i wouldnt be to bothered as he is calling a flop raise anyway and was gonna get there.

Old
Thu Mar 13, 2014, 05:27 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
I'm probably not gonna stay at a table 280bb deep when im shot taking. lol.

As played I think you played it well. Raising flop is crucial here. Our hand is extremely strong but vulnerable, as any board paring card or heart makes it a very tough spot ott.

I'd actually prefer going slightly bigger OTT to set up the river better. Some AhX and sets will call regardless imo so i'd rather go bigger.

As played easy river shove obviously.

Old
Thu Mar 13, 2014, 05:49 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I agree with what has already been posted, most important advice I'd like to reinforce is about not playing deepstacked while on a shot. Play with deeper stacks tends to not only get a bit more complex (like in this spot here) but it also puts your shot in risk of being over too soon.

As played I think your line seems good to me and against two mostly unknown players I would try and get as much money in as possible with a flopped flush. You can get called by sets, straights, some lower flushes or even stubborn overpairs. Sometimes villain may ofc end up with a higher flush but that should not prevent us from taking a +EV betting line - and here's where the deepstack/shot-taking issue comes into play again.

Live Trainer

Old
Thu Mar 13, 2014, 06:48 AM
(#6)
Since: Feb 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
I agree with what has already been posted, most important advice I'd like to reinforce is about not playing deepstacked while on a shot. Play with deeper stacks tends to not only get a bit more complex (like in this spot here) but it also puts your shot in risk of being over too soon.

As played I think your line seems good to me and against two mostly unknown players I would try and get as much money in as possible with a flopped flush. You can get called by sets, straights, some lower flushes or even stubborn overpairs. Sometimes villain may ofc end up with a higher flush but that should not prevent us from taking a +EV betting line - and here's where the deepstack/shot-taking issue comes into play again.

Alright, but... what is the plan OTR? Shove? bet? (how much?)

Old
Thu Mar 13, 2014, 02:23 PM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkleefstra View Post
Alright, but... what is the plan OTR? Shove? bet? (how much?)
That's the bit where i get stuck, i can see why everyone wants to raise the flop but as soon as you ship the river and it is nearly 200bb going on one river bet i don't see what were trying to get value from.

Old
Thu Mar 13, 2014, 02:33 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike2198 View Post
That's the bit where i get stuck, i can see why everyone wants to raise the flop but as soon as you ship the river and it is nearly 200bb going on one river bet i don't see what were trying to get value from.
Sets, straights, I can easily see a concerned JJ or QQ just calling the flop raise and improving in absolute strength and not letting go. Can also see AA/KK thinking that no fourth heart is a reason to call.

Old
Sat Mar 15, 2014, 03:15 AM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I think shoving is best OTR. It doesn't look right to me if we can't just valueshove the nuts. We're deep but once we have taken that route to maximize value from overpairs, sets & straights we gotta go with it I feel (which doesn't mean that taking an approach that builds a smaller pot here isn't more favorable).

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com