Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Support Center /

Waiting Lists Problem

Old
Waiting Lists Problem - Thu Mar 13, 2014, 11:03 AM
(#1)
Since: Oct 2010
I planned (still plan) to forward this idea to pokerstars by email, but thought I would post it here too, to see if others had come across the same problem and if so, to see if they agree with my proposed solution. Maybe I have missed something, or perhaps someone has a better idea, or just something to add...

When playing cash (ring) games on Pokerstars and looking for new tables to join (I multitable at microstakes), I frequently run into a frustrating problem, due to the way waiting lists are handled in the Pokerstars software. I'm sure others do too. I'd like to propose a simple solution that would resolve it.

If I want to join a cash table which is filling up quickly, and the last seat(s) has been reserved, but not yet occupied (an R appears on the seat until the player either sits down or declines the seat), the message "To take a seat please click on 'SEAT OPEN' icon" continues to be shown, but of course there is no 'SEAT OPEN' left to click on, and the waiting list has not yet been created (the button does not appear on screen) until all the seats are actually occupied. So I have to wait. At busy times there are sure to be others waiting too. This creates a mad scramble to join the waiting list as soon as it becomes available, or to take the last seat if it becomes open again. As you can imagine, trying to keep a close eye on this situation while simultaneously trying to keep up with play at my other tables is difficult and frustrating.

Can the waiting list not be created (and the Join Waiting List button appear) as soon as the last 'SEAT OPEN' disappears, so anyone wanting to do so can join the waiting list immediately in an orderly way? If a seat becomes available then the waiting list players can be offered the seat in the usual way instead of there again being a scramble to click on the seat first as soon as the 'SEAT OPEN' reappears.

I think Waiting lists for tables are a very good idea, and much better than the scramble to be first-to-click that would ensue without them. But they need to be created as soon as there are no more open seats available, so I can always either join a table or join its waiting list, not be stuck in the limbo between the two, having to hover the mouse in position ready to race to be first to click.

Old
Fri Mar 14, 2014, 05:53 AM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2013
(PokerStars Representative)
Hello mytton,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and it's definitely an interesting suggestion.

We'd like to let you know that we appreciate the suggestion and will certainly consider the idea.

Cheers,

Nick

PokerStars Representative

Old
Fri Mar 14, 2014, 07:21 AM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
Thanks Nick.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com