wondering

Old
wondering - Thu Mar 13, 2014, 04:44 PM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2013
BronzeStar
Hi,

I'm just wondering...

I've been playing poker a while now and the same pattern occurs almost every time I play.

If I play small buy in games and tourneys say 1.50 SNGs or tourneys that are free rolls or under $2 then I seem to do pretty well. On average with these games I do a whole lot better percentage wise than other games.
When I play games on a larger scale buy in I seem to do terrible. The reason not being always that I play bad or that the other players are better. Sure this sometimes happens, but on several hands I play I should win almost every time, statistically, but I almost every time end up losing the hand. Sometimes I could be with an AA and somebody calls with 1010 and the on the flop 10 10 7 or the like appears. This isn't a one off, it happens almost every game something to this liking. It's frustrating.
It's been many many games now and always the same pattern. Good wins on small buy in games, un fair loses on large buy in games.
Is this done on purpose or am I just extremely unlucky?

Just asking.

Old
Thu Mar 13, 2014, 04:55 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Well, AA loses to TT about 20% of the time... which is not an insignificant %. Many hands are 60-40's preflop or 70/30's too.. so they will lose that given % of the time in the long run.
This is irrelevant of the buy-in.

What I need to look at are my bet sizes, table dynamics, etc and to make sure that I'm making the best decisions possible and to not be making mistakes in these too, which can compound and result in a higher losing %.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 03:27 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Good luck at the tables from Canada

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com