Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2nl jj

Old
2nl jj - Sat Mar 15, 2014, 05:27 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
Hi all

I’m thinking this was a good fold but I’m thinking the calling the PF 3bet was a mistake. At the time I called it because I was IP. The reads I have are

23/23/3 AF4 over 28 hands and Cbet 100 (over 2 hands)

I know that the V Cbet off 100% doesn’t mean much as I only have a sample size of 2

Thanks for all the help

Old
Sat Mar 15, 2014, 06:21 AM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi Michae,

I think preflop is kind of close. Against tight players I prefer a fold with JJ when our EP raise gets 3bet, against looser opponents we can manage a call. I think I would call with QQ regardless but with JJ/TT it becomes more tricky.
If we think about the SB position, they have seen a limp from UTG and a raise from EP I think a big portion of their range would benefit from calling to invite the initial limper to call as they seem a weaker opponent so hands like AQs or most suited Ax hands might be right to call in this spot, hands like JJ-77 have medium hand strength and would call rather than 3bet and even against hands that would consider to bluff like KQ forexample we are flipping with so it seems to me that they would 3bet here with a value range of QQ+, AK and against that range our JJ have only 36% equity and calling would make it hard for us to play OOP even on low boards since they are unlikely to 3bet with weaker PPs.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com