Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

99 UTG facing an AI squeeze

Old
99 UTG facing an AI squeeze - Sat Mar 15, 2014, 02:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
This hand was played in the Micro Millions-022: Progressive Super Knockout.

BTN is loose passive (52):31/8/0.8

SB (94): 15/5/5.0
TOT 3bet: 5.4
Squeeze: 14

ISO SHOVE vs. SB? Fold preflop?

Old
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 02:47 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2010
You've got enough chips to raise/fold preflop depending on the action, so opening the action is fine.

Even though the SB seems quite tight, you've got a small sample and even tight players can see profitable spots to squeeze with hands other than premiums.

You can mess with around with some ranges on Equilab/Poker Stove. I gave him a range of 66+, AQo+, AJs, KQs and you have an equity of about 47%, so you've easily got the pot odds to be stacking off. Add the progressive KO and the fact that you will still be in OK shape if you lose, so getting it in is fine.

I'd choose to move all in myself to fold out V9's equity and just take his dead money for free. If he's slowplaying AA/KK, well done to him.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com