Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

77 in the BB with 33bb stack

Old
77 in the BB with 33bb stack - Sat Mar 15, 2014, 10:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
What to do, what to do? Would you just SHOVE ALL IN HERE?

Villains are all unknown.

Old
Sat Mar 15, 2014, 11:29 PM
(#2)
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi dirt eh!

What type of tourney is this from? Please always include this, as different tourney types have different strategies and we want to be able to provide you the best possible answer.

If this is a league game, it's not only a fold, it's a snap-fold.

If this is a cash tourney, this is a great spot for a squeeze IMO and if I do get called, I have a playable hand that will definitely have enough equity to be a +EV play in the long run. I'll be expecting a flip the majority of the time, but it will be a play where I expect to gain chips on average, so I'll make it. Yes, I'll get KO'd a given % of the time, but on average, I expect to gain chips by shoving.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 15, 2014, 11:36 PM
(#3)
John, I shoved this hand. This is from the Big $2.20 tonight that I'm still in!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com