Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

KQs 42bb effectively tough turn decision?

Old
KQs 42bb effectively tough turn decision? - Sat Mar 15, 2014, 11:01 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Villain(36):53/6/1.7

Should we be stacking off here vs this villain?

Last edited by dirt eh; Sat Mar 15, 2014 at 11:53 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 15, 2014, 11:37 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
This is from the BIG 2.20!

Old
Sun Mar 16, 2014, 05:29 PM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi dirt eh

As played I don't think that a villain with loose passive stats will be check shoving the turn with worse than KQ so I would elect to fold vs most player types, especially the passive ones.

In 4 way pots where we flop top pair on relatively dry boards I tend to play it passively and the reason for that is to avoid bloating the pot.

I think a better line would have been to bet flop check turn with the intention of calling most bets or checking flop and betting both the turn and river for value. This way we won't be forced into playing our hand for all of our chips.

You've raised from UTG and have c bet flop and barreled the turn so if the sb is paying any attention he should be putting you on a strong hand, it's very unlikely that you're showing this much aggression with nothing so I think that villains range has you crushed, especially if he's passive. I would expect him to show up with hands like A3s/43s/66 and perhaps AK from time to time.

Cheers, Chris.

Last edited by ChewMe1; Sun Mar 16, 2014 at 05:32 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com