Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

mm7 event 26

Old
mm7 event 26 - Sun Mar 16, 2014, 08:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2013
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...535_ACAE30893B

raiser is 31/31 raising wide but has folded to 3bet 2/2 so i think its fair to think the 3bet is ok as i would expect AJ to fold and 88 sometimes 99 and AQ.

is the call from AQ in BB as bad as i think it is? surely AQ isn't beating many 3bet shoves let alone the fact OR is still to act?

just a shame for it to leave a bitter taste after a nice run.

Old
Sun Mar 16, 2014, 09:36 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2011
I would be looking for reasons not to reship AQs from BB here. If I had no reads on u or P1 then happy to reship it. If he has same read on P1 then he's probably fist pump shoving it.

If P1 is opening 31% I really don't think he should be folding 88/AJo.

Nice run tho!

Old
Sun Mar 16, 2014, 12:40 PM
(#3)
he had maybe 50 hands with both of us with me only having made 1 or 2 raises very tight due to lack of cards and raises before me.

thanks btw hows MM been for you?

Old
Sun Mar 16, 2014, 02:37 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
You don't have enough information on the raiser IMO. A sample size of 2 for fold to 3bet isn't even close to being reliable.

CO stack is 18bb... He should be committing his stack if he's raising here. So I don't really like your re-shove with ATo. Also cold calling is fairly weak because you have a short stack in the SB that can squeeze.

I would fold in this spot... your stack is in that no mans land area (22bb). I would be more inclined to re-steal with value hands AQ+, 88+ as well as suited connectors like 87s+.

Just my opinion!

Old
Sun Mar 16, 2014, 05:53 PM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
You don't have enough information on the raiser IMO. A sample size of 2 for fold to 3bet isn't even close to being reliable.

CO stack is 18bb... He should be committing his stack if he's raising here. So I don't really like your re-shove with ATo. Also cold calling is fairly weak because you have a short stack in the SB that can squeeze.

I would fold in this spot... your stack is in that no mans land area (22bb). I would be more inclined to re-steal with value hands AQ+, 88+ as well as suited connectors like 87s+.

Just my opinion!

thanks for your view I just think we see things differently here,

yes the sample size of 2/2 for fold to 3bet is so small it gives little information but when you have someone raising 31% of hands and also raising from CO you can give him a much wider range than I think you give him credit for. he is by no means committed with his raise 467k is still very much playable which is why he has left himself room to fold to a 3bet. This deep in the tournament I think only about 10% of his range can make the call. As for the call from BB the more I analyse it the worse it looks AQ is ahead against very little of my range and is in terrible shape if the CO calls.

Old
Sun Mar 16, 2014, 06:09 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeahboiiiii View Post
As for the call from BB the more I analyse it the worse it looks AQ is ahead against very little of my range and is in terrible shape if the CO calls.
TBH, ATo is in terrible shape when the CO calls... I actually don't think the call by AQs isn't that horrible. It's not great but it would depend on table dynamics. When you re-shove vs. an aggressive villain it looks a lot like a re-steal... AQs is crushing your re-steal bluffs and isn't doing that bad against your value re-shove range.

AQs has 40% equity against, (88+,AQs+,AQo+) value only range.
AQs has 57% equity against, (88+,ATs+,KJs+,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,ATo+,KJo+,QJo) value and re-steal range.
AQs has 69% equity against, (AJs-ATs,KJs+,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,AJo-ATo,KJo+,QJo) re-steal range.

So tbh, his calls not that bad IMO.

Old
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 09:52 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi yeahboiiii

This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
TBH, ATo is in terrible shape when the CO calls... I actually don't think the call by AQs isn't that horrible. It's not great but it would depend on table dynamics. When you re-shove vs. an aggressive villain it looks a lot like a re-steal... AQs is crushing your re-steal bluffs and isn't doing that bad against your value re-shove range.

AQs has 40% equity against, (88+,AQs+,AQo+) value only range.
AQs has 57% equity against, (88+,ATs+,KJs+,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,ATo+,KJo+,QJo) value and re-steal range.
AQs has 69% equity against, (AJs-ATs,KJs+,QJs,JTs,T9s,98s,87s,AJo-ATo,KJo+,QJo) re-steal range.

So tbh, his calls not that bad IMO.

With player 1 playing as aggressively as he is I think the big blind ought to be reshipping the AQs for sure.

Your option of 3bet jamming is fine and I would of done the same thing vs this player type six handed.

It's all pretty standard imo. Nice run! Better luck next time. Chris.

Old
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 04:10 PM
(#8)
Quote:
he had maybe 50 hands with both of us with me only having made 1 or 2 raises very tight due to lack of cards and raises before me.

thanks btw hows MM been for you?
Like Chris said, all seems standard then. Cant think shoving ATo is anything but right here. Sometimes we run into better behind or the relatively small proportion of openers range that can call, but doesn't make it unprofitable.

After bubbling an FT on Saturday, I have found myself chasing leaderboard points. GL to you.

Old
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 04:30 PM
(#9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Profess Awe View Post
Like Chris said, all seems standard then. Cant think shoving ATo is anything but right here. Sometimes we run into better behind or the relatively small proportion of openers range that can call, but doesn't make it unprofitable.

After bubbling an FT on Saturday, I have found myself chasing leaderboard points. GL to you.

same here with the chasing leaderboard points. struggling today only 5pts so far and alot of close to money finishes. but I plan on playing probably 50 more events with a target of around 400-450pts i'm currently on 130 so thats means I need to win 1 or 60% itm with a few deeper runs included.

ps gl on your grind also, any ideas on the points you think are needed for top 100,10,1 places?

Old
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 06:08 PM
(#10)
This may help http://www.pokerstarsblog.com/microm...ye-092668.html

I have always assumed volume is key. That and running god like.

GL.

Old
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 10:24 PM
(#11)
Since: Nov 2011
Quote:
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...535_ACAE30893B

raiser is 31/31 raising wide but has folded to 3bet 2/2 so i think its fair to think the 3bet is ok as i would expect AJ to fold and 88 sometimes 99 and AQ.

is the call from AQ in BB as bad as i think it is? surely AQ isn't beating many 3bet shoves let alone the fact OR is still to act?

just a shame for it to leave a bitter taste after a nice run.
basically the raiser can still raise/fold given their stack and open size. they really should be min opening here fwiw. but it looks like folding is still something they can do once they raise.

Now I would not expect them to fold 88 or AJ. I think you are making a range analysis error if you think this is the case.

So consequently, you're range to re-shove should be pretty wide, it should include most pairs and AXs Axo maybe and KQ KJs stuff. Following the train the BB should never be folding AQ here.

So basically your starting ranges are too tight, that's why BB's shove looks bad. But BB is probably either a) not thinking about ranges and just seeing AQ or b) realizing how wide both of you should be here.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com