Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

How to improve post-flop game?

Old
How to improve post-flop game? - Sun Mar 16, 2014, 01:07 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014
Hello everyone, i'm a 6max cash player, playing at NL2 and building my Bankroll for the first time. i believe i do ok preflop decisions but cant say the same for the post-flop. what should i do to improve my post-flop skills.

also do you guys have any certain advise towards NL2 or NL5. because whenever i try to squeeze or cbet, i get called pretty much all the time, pot goes multiway and someone somehow beats my hand most of the time, and i dont want to double or triple barrel either because they gonna call those anyway, it's like throwing money out of the window. but if i play straightforward raise pot pre and fold eveytime i miss the flop or feeling like i have the second best hand at turn and fold again. that feels like im givingup too much postflop.

what should i do ?

Old
Sun Mar 16, 2014, 01:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
The short answer is that you should study more and play more in order to improve.

At 2NL, it's rarely worth running elaborate bluffs. People call too much and they fold too much, so bet your big hands, and give up fairly easily when you meet resistance as unless you have a read that someone is a total fish then they are rarely bluffing.

2NL is great for 'fat value' spots, not so much for thin value, so when you have the nuts bet it.

Cbetting is fine if you miss but dont double or triple barrel bluff 99% of the time.

Old
Thu Mar 27, 2014, 05:28 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2012
I usually play pretty straight forward in the micros

I don't bluff, unless its a super good spot and I know I am going to get a high percentage of folds.

don't pay off to the passive players when they all of a sudden want to put lots of chips in the pot.

Value bet all your strong hands strong.

Another thing I highly recommend is to review the sessions and take notes on how the players are playing and color code them I basically use 5 colors Green=loose passive, yellow = loose aggressive, red =tight aggressive, blue = tight passive, and purple for the total maniacs that just spew off their chips.

Old
Fri Mar 28, 2014, 06:40 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2011
not an easy way. The best is to play a lot and analyze a lot.

Old
Wed Apr 02, 2014, 12:46 AM
(#5)
Since: Jul 2013
Well for me after getting the $8 from Bankroll Builder promotion, i managed to get it up to $34 in 2 days
playing around 3 hours the first day and 2 hours the 2nd day. I find ZOOM for 1c/2c game tend to be more profitable. I use hand chart from a different website, link : http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/qSkPwtS9Cd4/maxresdefault.jpg

And normally go for 2/3 pot or slightly less C-bet. Just the standard plays don't get creative.

Old
Wed Apr 02, 2014, 02:27 AM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHaLo View Post
I use hand chart from a different website, link : http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/qSkPwtS9Cd4/maxresdefault.jpg
Wrong link, or you only play with big pairs?

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Apr 02, 2014, 02:33 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2013
ABC Poker will do and always be observing of the villains, since you will definitely pick up a lot of leaks of their play.
If you need a hand chart the below has helped me tremendously with my game.
The BB's are explained in detail here

Last edited by GamblingProp; Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 02:35 AM..

Old
Wed Apr 02, 2014, 03:15 AM
(#8)
Since: Jul 2013
Ooopsy, youtube tumbnail

Heres the correct one**deleted link to competing site per TOS JWK24**

Last edited by JWK24; Wed Apr 02, 2014 at 10:26 AM..

Old
Wed Apr 02, 2014, 03:43 AM
(#9)
Since: Oct 2012
yes i agree just keep it simple and extract fat value... for those that are unsure i found a great article about extracting fat value at these stakes .... fat value for dummies

Old
Wed Apr 02, 2014, 04:26 AM
(#10)
Since: Dec 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by iHaLo View Post
Well for me after getting the $8 from Bankroll Builder promotion, i managed to get it up to $34 in 2 days
playing around 3 hours the first day and 2 hours the 2nd day. I find ZOOM for 1c/2c game tend to be more profitable. I use hand chart from a different website, link http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/qSkPwtS9Cd4/maxresdefault.jpg

And normally go for 2/3 pot or slightly less C-bet. Just the standard plays don't get creative.
I Like It

Old
Fri Apr 04, 2014, 06:05 AM
(#11)
Since: Apr 2012
Play 6max, pay more attention to actions/bet sizes than hud or turn it off.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com