This is waaaaay too thin? X/F OTR?

Better way to play this hand?

CO(239): 22/15/1.5 / TOT CBET: 53
BTN: Unknown

Old
Sun Mar 16, 2014, 11:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Given it's CO vs BTN I would be squeezing this hand pre since ranges are wider.

Given we did call, calling flop is obv the standard play.

I don't really know why we are betting river. Not only did the 4 straight come in, but a flush as well. This is actually pretty low in our value range so i'm fine x/deciding based on bet sizing.

Old
Sun Mar 16, 2014, 11:37 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
I don't really know why we are betting river
This is exactly what I said when I bet...

As for squeezing pre, definitely thought about it but decided to keep the Rec in the pot?

Old
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 01:02 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
This is exactly what I said when I bet...

As for squeezing pre, definitely thought about it but decided to keep the Rec in the pot?
How do we know he's a rec? You didn't provide reads. Was he one tabling? What avatar did he have? Was he showing a bronze star? Was he on mobile?

No villain is unknown. We always have some sort of a read even before they play a hand.

Old
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 12:09 PM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
Hi dirt, if this is a stake you regularly play and you have hands on most opponents and you see an unknown then we can assume they might be recreational. Given that, I think we can squeeze here for value and to play with the BTN who we assume are recreational in this case. As played, I think this might be a turn I would consider leading out OTT because I think we can get called by worse from either players but if the CO does not connect in a way or another they will check back and we might lose some value. With that said, if I were to bet the river I would be much smaller to get called by 9x, 88, two pair. It is kind of thin yes since few hands have us beat at this point.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com