Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL ZOOM, KK UTG stack off vs unknown?

Old
25NL ZOOM, KK UTG stack off vs unknown? - Sun Mar 16, 2014, 08:51 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Pretty sure I played this as horrible as possible.

Villain is unknown.

We're 181bb deep. I was actually really close to folding this preflop. I think I picked the worse possible option by calling. Should we stack off PF this deep? Villain just looks too strong here IMO.

Old
Sun Mar 16, 2014, 11:19 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Kinda gross spot.

Given his squeeze was so small I agree that we should be 4betting pre.

When he comes over the top here we are up against a pretty tight range.

I'd probably call and stack off any non A flop.

Old
Sun Mar 16, 2014, 11:43 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2010
birdaay, what do you think about betting the river to get the opponent of a hand like KK, QQ?

Old
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 01:04 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
Well i'd be betting for value, not as a bluff. I think any Ax would be betting the turn, so I think it's fine to bet ~$8-10.

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 03:46 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Would 4-bet bigger preflop as you guys are so deep and you're giving villain a great price to see a flop IP with proper implied odds against your hand.

I don't mind your betting line up until river, I guess villain should either have been bluffing pre or will have KK/AA very very often in which case we can't really get any more value from worse here unless he takes a stab with his bluffs.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com