Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

NLHE / A6s / fold on the flop

Old
NLHE / A6s / fold on the flop - Sun Mar 16, 2014, 10:21 PM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi,
Should I have folded this flop ?
the only reason I did not was because of the odds

Old
Sun Mar 16, 2014, 11:13 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi shynleigh355!

This one's an easier one. A/rag's out of position, even if suited, are nothing but trouble. I'll rarely flop a flush and I'll easily be outkicked... so I will lose a large number of chips in the long run. Due to this, I'm mucking it preflop. If it was ATs or better, then I'd make a standard raise to 1k, but lower ones, I'm mucking.

The flop here is why I'm mucking ace/rags preflop. When the first opp checks, I have absolutely no clue whether I'm ahead (would make a 2/3 pot value bet) or behind (check/fold). What I'm not going to do is to bet, then call a raise, as I'll almost always be outkicked and leak off a large number of chips.

The best decision that I can make is to muck preflop and look for a spot with a better hand or when I'm in position.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com