Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

5NL 6max - Nooo I'm beat. Smart phone reads

Old
5NL 6max - Nooo I'm beat. Smart phone reads - Mon Mar 17, 2014, 02:07 AM
(#1)
Since: May 2011
There has been some chat about "maybe smart phones aren't that smart", but combined with the villain's bb call donk, may just give us an edge? I don't know.

Note: 'Reads "playing on a smart phone", call donk and raises me on the river?'

I have TT sb vs bb who call donks 89Qcc flop. My gut feeling is I'm beat and no clubs. So 88,99 or a nit with QQ? I call but there is no turn bet so I get two free cards.

Hit my gutter ball no flush am I beat? We bet river and get raised? So my thoughts / "Note" was now, but why raise?

There is no value from a worse hand (me)? I lose to quads 88, boats. Even the J on the river makes me cringe.

Have I asked a proper question yet? Is my opponent a really good player and bluffing against my relative hand strength?

Probably listening to too many poker pros commentating on live events, that doesn't apply to 2c/5c and I don't understand it anyway.

So, just went with it's a phone and a donk flop bet so why raise the river?

Wow that took some time and I'll have forgotten what I was thinking tomorrow.

Last edited by ForrestFive; Mon Mar 17, 2014 at 02:12 AM.. Reason: typos

Old
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 05:49 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Hand looks fine. There's arguments for cbetting on the flop though.

Old
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 12:22 PM
(#3)
Since: Oct 2010
I like how you played the hand. I like check/calling this flop too: we have a gutshot and PP below TP, we can't get called by too many worse hands and we might get raised on this flop. I'm not raising river on a paired board and we lose to KT. We win against three of a kind 8x, QJ, and chop with JT/T9.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com