Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Getting fancy without need? Repping the A on river

Old
Getting fancy without need? Repping the A on river - Mon Mar 17, 2014, 10:11 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
I am in doubt about this hand, should I have bet the turn instead of getting the free card with the draw? With the Ace I have a good spot because it makes sense to bet with the range villain would be putting me on? How about the bet sizes?

Time Vault Champion 2013

Old
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 10:28 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
As, played is good to me! I would check OTT. Betting OTT won't accomplish anything as the villain most likely has a weak Kx or underpair like TT-QQ. I think they'll call your bet OTT. I like betting the river here to make TT-QQ and weak Kx to fold.

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 03:54 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Pre I would mostly fold and only call some of the higher pairs, 55 seems a little too weak here against an unknown's 3-bet from the blinds vs CO.

Flop I would not bet as it always seems suspicious when people dont bet the best of cbet boards to me He may also plan to check/call with midpairs a lot here which means you need to go into barrel mode without much equity if you want to succeed making him fold.

That being said I would keep on firing against his midpairs with our picked up equity now. Riverbluff seems fine as his range looks exactly like TT-QQ type hands.

Live Trainer

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 11:03 AM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2011
Thank you Felix!

Time Vault Champion 2013

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com