Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL2 6max, KQo , what would you do on turn and river ?

Old
Default
NL2 6max, KQo , what would you do on turn and river ? - Mon Mar 17, 2014, 04:53 PM
(#1)
Luniaril's Avatar
Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 33
i believe i had correct play until turn betting street, would you agree with that, also what would you do on turn and river if continued on turn.

villain was new to table, had 22/22 stats in 18 hands so we dont have any reliable read.



edit: i will say what villain had after the evaluation. but i dont want it to be result oriented for now.
 
Old
Default
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 05:04 PM
(#2)
dirt eh's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,274
PF: Standard.
OTF: Good sizing.. could make it 1 more BB bet about 0.10
OTT: I would bet 1/2 - 3/4 pot... PSB here is too big! When they XR OTT, I might actually look at folding our hand.
OTR: I don't think I would call this. This looks way to much like QJ or a smaller set that has a full house.

*NOTE* OTT: I could see the villain maybe semi bluffing the turn with KT, Ax of hearts to setup a river shove. BUT YOU HAVE THE K of HEARTS so he doesn't have KT of hearts...
 
Old
Default
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 05:52 PM
(#3)
Luniaril's Avatar
Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
PF: Standard.
OTF: Good sizing.. could make it 1 more BB bet about 0.10
OTT: I would bet 1/2 - 3/4 pot... PSB here is too big! When they XR OTT, I might actually look at folding our hand.
OTR: I don't think I would call this. This looks way to much like QJ or a smaller set that has a full house.

*NOTE* OTT: I could see the villain maybe semi bluffing the turn with KT, Ax of hearts to setup a river shove. BUT YOU HAVE THE K of HEARTS so he doesn't have KT of hearts...
yes that what villain exactly had, QJ =/ looking back at the hand now, i should've just folded to XR OTT cause it shows serious strenght.

i also called that river i dont know why, probably i was on tilt/frustration from some earlier hand.
 
Old
Default
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 06:05 PM
(#4)
dirt eh's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luniaril View Post
i should've just folded to XR OTT cause it shows serious strenght
I think you can call the XR OTT if you sized your bet smaller. Let's say you went 1/2 pot, then you're able to call a XR here because they could be semi bluffing.

OTR: easy fold.

Last edited by dirt eh; Mon Mar 17, 2014 at 06:22 PM..
 
Old
Default
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 06:12 PM
(#5)
ArtySmokesPS's Avatar
Since: Oct 2011
Posts: 7,346
Bet-fold the turn. Villain is almost never check-raising QT or worse. Top pair is no good here.


Bracelet Winner
 
Old
Default
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 06:29 PM
(#6)
Luniaril's Avatar
Since: Jan 2014
Posts: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
I think you can call the XR OTT if you sized your bet smaller. Let's say you went 1/2 pot, then you're able to call a XR here because they could be semi bluffing.

OTR: easy fold.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Bet-fold the turn. Villain is almost never check-raising QT or worse. Top pair is no good here.
yes calling or folding turn both looks acceptable play, but that river was definitely fold.
 
Old
Default
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 06:35 PM
(#7)
dirt eh's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 1,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luniaril View Post
yes calling or folding turn both looks acceptable play, but that river was definitely fold.
With your bet sizing... Calling OTT is pretty thin. Note that if you ran this hand in a scenario analyzer, the J OTT is actually the worst card for your hand.
 
Old
Default
Mon Mar 17, 2014, 10:10 PM
(#8)
TheLangolier's Avatar
Since: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,501
(Head Trainer)
Hi Luni,

Preflop and flop are fine, but I really don't see how many worse hands are calling us on the turn, especially for a huge sizing. What are you targeting? AQ/QJ beat us, as does 66/22. QT- would be nice but if we are stretching value out of weak Q's they need to hold a bunch of those first of all, and a smaller sizing would be better to get called by those. So we're basically targeting flush draws, of which there would seem to be relatively few in his range. So either size the turn bet smaller, or check the turn back, planning to call a river bet, or bet for value there if he checks again. Our hand is likely only worth 2 streets of value anyway.

As played, I think folding to the c/r is prudent... Baluga theorem ftw. Especially when he's c/r our very large sizing.


Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner



 

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com