Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Bankroll Builder - Session Feedback /

A Question about BB Promotion

Old
A Question about BB Promotion - Tue Mar 18, 2014, 03:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2011
Hello,

I got an e-mail from Pokerstars;

"

Hello emreoo,

The Team at Poker School are delighted with your progress in the Bankroll Builder promotion and we really hope that you are enjoying it.

However, we would like to remind you that you must complete the program within the next seven days to claim all of the free cash waiting for you.

Please make a post in your thread at the Bankroll Builder forum and your instructor will advise you on how to claim your remaining bonuses.

Best of luck!

Team PokerSchoolOnline

"

Can you help me?

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 05:27 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2011
(Community Coordinator)
Hello,

You are eligible for the Bankroll Builder promotion, good job!

NB: Bookmark this page so that you'll find it easily in the future.

First Step

Let's begin with the basics. Please take some time to study the Poker Basic Course and pass the quiz at the end of the course.

Let us know as soon as you have passed the quiz and we will credit your account with your first Bankroll Builder bonus.

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
The Quiz has been passed - Tue Mar 18, 2014, 05:38 AM
(#3)
Hello,

I've already passed the quiz, i've tried again after your message but it was not possible to enter the test again.

Please do let me know what i need to do.

Thanks,
Emre.

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 05:40 AM
(#4)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emreoo View Post
Hello,

I've already passed the quiz, i've tried again after your message but it was not possible to enter the test again.

Please do let me know what i need to do.

Thanks,
Emre.
Brilliant!

You've passed the basic test and you'll get your first bonus in the next 24 hours, good job!

Step Two

The Poker Basics test was easy right? Well, there's a lot more to learn on the road to becoming a profitable poker player.

Now study the Cash Game course and once you think you have it mastered have a go at attempting the quiz. Don't rush through the course, there's a lot of content there and the quiz is tricky so spend some time on this.

Let us know as soon as you have passed the Cash Game Quiz and we will award you with your next buy-in.

Best of Luck!

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
Going on with course - Tue Mar 18, 2014, 05:59 AM
(#5)
Hello,

Thanks for help.

I've tried the course again, and just couldn't pass again, %68. I'll read some more and try again tomorrow.

I think 2$ sent by the Pokerstars because my balance got higher.

Do i need to collect any specific number of VPPs for to continue getting bonus except passing the at least %70 of the cash quiz?

Thanks again,
Emre.

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 06:01 AM
(#6)
(Community Coordinator)
No, just let us know as soon as you've passed the Cash Game quiz

Good Luck!

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
got it - Tue Mar 18, 2014, 06:14 AM
(#7)
got it

Old
Last question - Tue Mar 18, 2014, 06:20 AM
(#8)
Is playing on 0.01-0.02 zoom tables a part of the promotion for my bonus 2# or do i need to play on classical cash ones?

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 06:23 AM
(#9)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Is playing on 0.01-0.02 zoom tables a part of the promotion for my bonus 2# or do i need to play on classical cash ones?
Regular speed is best

Let us know as soon as you've passed the Cash Game quiz

Raiser

Bracelet Winner

Old
ok but :) - Tue Mar 18, 2014, 06:26 AM
(#10)
Ok, but at this moment there's 0 player on normal table , let's see if there'll be any on future

Old
Cash game quiz passed - Thu Mar 20, 2014, 05:22 AM
(#11)
Hello,

I've passed the Cash game quiz by %84.

Waiting to hear.
Thanks.

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 05:27 AM
(#12)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Hello,

I've passed the Cash game quiz by %84.

Waiting to hear.
Thanks.
Great Job!

You passed the Cash Game Quiz and know you've shown that you have a great understanding of the fundementals of playing poker. We have now credited your account with your 2nd bonus.

Step Three

Please play a 1/2 cent Real Money table at PokerStars and using the Hand Replayer post a hand here in this thread that you have questions about.

Here is a video on how to use the hand replayer.

NB: You must post a Cash Game hand only, tournament hands do not count for this promotion. You must use the Hand Replayer only to post your hand, we cannot accept hands posted in any other way.

Once you post your hand one of our Trainers will analyze it for you so please post and intersestig hand where you have questions. Give as much information about the hand as possible, for example, had you any reads on your opponents?

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
Hand Replayer Example - Thu Mar 20, 2014, 06:51 AM
(#13)
Hello,

Here i've just used a hand generally big question for me.

I started to play poker 3 years ago. Since then i think i played more than 50K hands, on the beginning i was not sure about the power of the AA, but then after the different technics that i used to play that hand, i founded that in generall it's best to All-in with AA. But why?

In my opinion, it's good to limit the chance variable as much as possible in poker, and except the %100 percent situation, what you do is putting the money on your actual chance.

I was just raising 3-4 times with AA, even if it's not the majority that i've lost with that kind of playing style, it was going to be a very big trouble for me, especially if there's going to be more than one player who called my opening 3-4x BB bet. Someone was going to have 2 pair, or open ended straight, or flush with 4-5 or even 2-3 same suited hands.

So in generally, if it's not the late, and close to the prize point in a high stakes tournament in my terms (i mean buy-in of 20€ and if i'm not short stack ) i'm just resting with AA, which is risky but more strong play i believe. In that way, i lost sometimes too but comparing to the small bet and the risk of being called with even dead hands, i think it's right play, what do you think about the my playing and if you have any generall technic about playing them.

(I also know that it's not good to generalize the unique situation so much but still i think AA can be an exception generally)

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 12:45 PM
(#14)
(Community Coordinator)
Thank you for posting this hand for review and I have asked one of the Hand Analysers to take a look at it for you.

He will do this within the next 24 hours and once it's been analysed I will advise on the next step.

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 07:39 PM
(#15)
Since: Sep 2010
Hi,

It's very nice when you pick up AA, as it's the strongest hand preflop. However a two-card hand in poker doesn't mean anything. Part of the skill of being a good poker player is knowing when AA is likely beat and thus you should fold.

Preflop I like your raise and your size. It is important to remain consistent with your bet sizings, UNLESS you are playing with someone that will call close to 100% of the time preflop, in which case you can make your sizing bigger with stronger hands as they will not care how much it costs, they just want to play.

Then you choose to move directly all in on the flop. Moving all in does reduce variance and does make your hand easier to play, because you don't have any more decisions to make! However it is not the way you can win most money. It seems like you moved all in to stop people getting lucky or that you just want to win the hand, rather than trying to increase the amount you win in that hand.

You should be betting for one of these two reasons:

For value - you feel like you have the best hand and your bet will get called by worse hands.

As a bluff - you feel that your hand won't win at showdown and you think your opponent will fold a better hand than yours.

Here, you should clearly be betting for value, trying to get worse hands (e.g. Qx, worse Pocket Pairs, flush draws, some A-high hands) By overbetting the pot so much, you make it very hard for the opponents to call you with worse hands and you run the risk of them only calling you with better hands (i.e. ). This is not a desirable outcome.

In this instance, it is quite hard for the villains to have decent second-best hands that they can call such a large bet with, because there is only one high-card out there and there aren't too many draws.

Also, if you only move all in with your strong hands, you will be very easy to play against. People will just fold when you bet large and call/bluff you when you bet smaller. It is important to make your plays consistent so people can't take advantage of you.

I would bet about 2/3 pot. I would also bet this amount with AK as a bluff, or JJ when it is more unclear that I have the best hand, but could still expect to get called by worse.

Also, try not to play with a short stack - as it turned out you lost money in this hand because you didn't have the full $2 buy in. Use the auto top-up feature to make sure you can fully take advantage of spots where you have the best hand.

Old
Next Step - Fri Mar 21, 2014, 06:37 AM
(#16)
Thanks for analyse.

Waiting to hear for the next step.

Old
Fri Mar 21, 2014, 06:39 AM
(#17)
(Community Coordinator)
Quote:
Thanks for analyse.

Waiting to hear for the next step.
Great!

We now have credited your account with your 3rd bonus and You're doing a fantastic job so far!

You've still got one bonus to receive.

Step Four

Attend any LIVE TRAINING session here at PokerSchoolOnline. You must actually attend the session to get your bonus.

Please let us know what Live Training session you have attended. NB It must be a live training session that takes place after this post was posted. Past live training sessions do not count.

Let us know the Date/Time and Title of the session you attend and we will check your attendance and credit you with your final bonus. If you make a deposit at this stage you will also receive your final bonus.

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
Live Training - Tue Mar 25, 2014, 08:32 PM
(#18)
Hello,

I've just attended another live training which is "You Make the MTT Call!".

Thanks and waiting to hear.

Old
Wed Mar 26, 2014, 05:16 AM
(#19)
(Community Coordinator)
Congratulations!

We have awarded you with all your Bankroll Builder buy-ins and you have successfully completed the promotion!

You are always welcome to post any troublesome hands in the >>Hand Analysis<< section.

Also it is a good idea to review some of the content on >>Bankroll Management<< at this point.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how your poker journey continues.

Team PokerSchoolOnline

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thx ;) - Wed Mar 26, 2014, 09:34 AM
(#20)
Thx

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com