Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10nl zoom 6m - maximize value or minimize losses with 22 boat, wet board?

Old
10nl zoom 6m - maximize value or minimize losses with 22 boat, wet board? - Tue Mar 18, 2014, 06:55 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Have been getting in a lot of tricky spots lately, where there were maybe several different ways of playing my hand.

Here's the villain's HUD stats:

Not a large sample, but the villain appears to be loose passive.

So when the villain bet so large on the turn into three of us, I figured someone with an AF of 1 wouldn't be doing this with anything other than AJ. So I called the turn because of the villain's wtsd/w$sd being 38/33, thinking there might be good implied odds vs AJ if the board paired, even if the button and the initial raiser both folded.

But then villain then went and made a big bet on the river when the board paired.

1. Anyone prefer a fold on the turn?
2. Does everyone like the river fold to the 3-bet?
3. What about the re-raise on the river - anyone prefer just a flat-call?

Wasn't really thinking of this at the time, but ... were there 16 combos of AJ, and only 6 each of KQ, TT (12 total)?

Appreciate the feedback!!

Last edited by TrustySam; Tue Mar 18, 2014 at 08:05 AM..

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 09:43 AM
(#2)
Since: Dec 2013
dats bad fold IMO , he could slowplay AJ or J9 and play it same wayz...

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 11:46 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
I like your line but I feel like raising turn is def a decent option as a lot of 2 pair and pair plus draw combos will probably not believe you much on that blank card. I would also not fear getting reraised again here as I would expect many villains to be squeezing KK/AJ/TT (in that order) at least some of the time.

That being said I can't find too many boat combos in villain's river range so there should def be room and value for a raise here. KJ and straights can still call while boats will most likely jam on you and you can still fold like you did.

NH.

Live Trainer

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 12:05 PM
(#4)
BronzeStar
Hey GL!! Am not surprised to see that there's people who think maybe I should have called on the river - maybe the villain did have J9o and I folded the best hand, but we'll never know now since I folded

Hey Felix!! Mike suggested I post these two hands - would imagine he'll be really happy he made the suggestion, since neither of us thought to raise the turn. There were so many things going on with this hand, with the wet board, and with there being 4 of us in the pot - am not surprised to see everyone seeing all sorts of different things, while the rest of us might have focused on a different aspect of the hand. Interesting idea!!

And okay, glad to hear you like the raise, and then the fold on the river. Wasn't totally sure, with the villain's wtsd being so high. Although maybe the villain did just have AJ, who knows for sure.

Okay thanks!!

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 01:59 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
Kind of ignoring the post-flop, as it is well covered by Felix, just wondering if we should consider folding pre-flop here?

What was the AF of the OR in the hand? Did we know how likely we were to get squeezed when we call.

More of an implied odds question I am thinking of here. I can see myself just folding, or is that too nitty?

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 04:00 PM
(#6)
BronzeStar
Hey bhoy!!

Here's the stats for the table - hopefully Felix'll see your question ... not sure myself

EDIT: Here's the stats for the table

Last edited by TrustySam; Tue Mar 18, 2014 at 07:21 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com