Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

Floating twice then getting overbet???

Old
Floating twice then getting overbet??? - Tue Mar 18, 2014, 12:15 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2014
So whilst tilting I made an unorthodox play in the BB and defended light with A6o. I float twice and he overbet jams the river. What does he have here? Total airball?

PokerStars Zoom Hand #113268510599: Hold'em No Limit ($0.10/$0.25) - 2014/03/14 19:14:17 UTC [2014/03/14 15:14:17 ET]
Table 'Hydra' 6-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: ooRSZABOoo ($26.26 in chips)
Seat 2: katallo ($81.79 in chips)
Seat 3: KdomoH ($25.67 in chips)
Seat 4: man yip ($25.10 in chips)
Seat 5: abasov ($18.31 in chips)
Seat 6: lancetee ($12.85 in chips)
katallo: posts small blind $0.10
KdomoH: posts big blind $0.25
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to KdomoH [Ah 6c]
man yip: folds
abasov: folds
lancetee: folds
ooRSZABOoo: folds
katallo: raises $0.25 to $0.50
KdomoH: calls $0.25
*** FLOP *** [Jd 5c 2s]
katallo: bets $0.70
KdomoH: calls $0.70
*** TURN *** [Jd 5c 2s] [8c]
katallo: bets $1.70
KdomoH: calls $1.70
*** RIVER *** [Jd 5c 2s 8c] [5h]
katallo: bets $9.90
KdomoH: folds
Uncalled bet ($9.90) returned to katallo
katallo collected $5.54 from pot
katallo: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $5.80 | Rake $0.26
Board [Jd 5c 2s 8c 5h]
Seat 1: ooRSZABOoo (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: katallo (small blind) collected ($5.54)
Seat 3: KdomoH (big blind) folded on the River
Seat 4: man yip folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 5: abasov folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 6: lancetee folded before Flop (didn't bet)

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 12:24 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Not sure why you're floating here... What was your plan OTT/OTR? I think your best play OTT would have been to raise in order to rep pocket 2s or pocket 5s...

IMO you didn't have a plan for this hand and by the time we get to the river it's too late.

FWIW, I would have 3bet preflop.

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 01:07 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2014
Yeah to be honest I was tilting like mad and I know it made literally no sense. Was just curious as to what he overbets with.

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 01:24 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
The defend pre against a minopen is certainly fine, the float OTF is close to probably not very good as our hand is only ace high and can't really improve much against his slightly better hands. We may even lose the showdown to better A high unless we turn our hand into a bluff on later streets (which without much equity and on a dry board seems like a bad premise).

OTR he could be looking for either some herofolds or herocalls from Jx when he holds a very strong hand given that he doesn't represent much. Tough to say but folding without knowing some of his tendencies is surely best now, and folding the flop should be the standard for me too.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com