Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

6-max 2NL Zoom awkward river bet after slow play

Old
6-max 2NL Zoom awkward river bet after slow play - Tue Mar 18, 2014, 12:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Jul 2013
Very little read on villain, played 11 hands with him and played post flop very aggressive all times. Decided to slow play flopped straight. Right play or should I check raise flop/turn? Also once I got to the river his over bet on the paired board is worrying. Any input is appreciated

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 12:53 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
As played, I would raise OTT to $0.75-$1, looking to GII OTT and if we are only called I'm shoving the rest in OTR.

If he boated up, then good for him.

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 01:19 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Tricky spot as by the river he can have quite a lot of boats given the overbet. We basically need to hope for him doing that with AJ or even 98s to make calling profitable. Otherwise we will mostly be chopping or losing and the price is very big.

I would consider 3-betting preflop from the SB and also check/raising flop as I feel there's a lot of hands that can give us decent action now but could go for a more pot controllish line on later streets given the scary broadway board.

Live Trainer

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 08:48 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2011
Dirt he, into $0.09 u would put 50BB? why r u going to risk you stack with KQ? If he calls, u have over 100BB in the pot and 110B behind so you should go all in on flop (stack to pot ration almost 1).
Is it reasonable to risk your pot because of 4.5BB?

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 10:29 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogger1999 View Post
Dirt he, into $0.09 u would put 50BB? why r u going to risk you stack with KQ? If he calls, u have over 100BB in the pot and 110B behind so you should go all in on flop (stack to pot ration almost 1).
Is it reasonable to risk your pot because of 4.5BB?
We are only starting the hand with 100bb effectively... we don't have 200bb.

I would XR on the turn. When the villain bets 0.26 I would make it close to $1.00. Then I would shove the river. I would not XC OTR, and I think XF would be a big mistake.

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 11:15 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2011
oh yea sorry my bad, then we have 100bb pot with 50bb behind.
But you are apparently talking about turn my fault.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com