5NL zoom 9 A7s ok to call? - Tue Mar 18, 2014, 02:40 PM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=3CBA21C3F7

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 02:57 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
Buy-in for the max. Fold pre-flop in a FR game.

I actually think we can fold this river. We are dead to 44, 99, A9+. We're actually playing the board against other Ax hands and splitting.

Unless we know he is going nuts with marginal holdings.

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 04:54 PM
(#3)
got it! thanks

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 02:55 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi rkovari!

I agree with bhoylegend. Buyin for the max and keep it topped up, assuming you are rolled for the level. This allows you to maximize your winnings.

I strongly suggest folding this hand preflop. From ep I would like to have A10s or better before opening. Anytime you have a weak kicker, we need to be concerned about losing a big pot to a villain with a better kicker. With hands like this we often win a small pot or lose a big one. Our plan A is to make the nut flush. Plan B is to make a pair, or trips as in this case. with plan b we need to keep the pot small if possible.

On this runout the villain will have a full house most of the time or sometimes an ace with a better kicker at the lower end of his range. No other hands are likely to continue on the flop and raise the turn unless you have seen this villain get out of line previously. Since you didn't make a flush and the board is paired on the river, folding to the river bet would be best I think.

Also, your betsize was a bit small. From early and middle position I would recommend sticking to a standard 3bb opening raise regardless of your cards. With marginal hands in particular, getting everyone to fold is a good result.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 03:04 AM
(#5)
tanks Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com