Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Squeezing AJo vs. 3 limps and facing a 3bet PF

Old
Squeezing AJo vs. 3 limps and facing a 3bet PF - Tue Mar 18, 2014, 07:25 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
MicroMillions-052

Anyone play this hand any differently PREFLOP? I'm never folding OTF.

BB(37):30/5/1.2
TOT 3BET: 10.0 on 20 samples

Old
Tue Mar 18, 2014, 09:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi dirt eh!

With AJ from the CO, I get 3 limpers in front of me. I'm going to make a standard raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper (300 chips). I want to keep all of my bets and raises standard, in order to conceal my hand.

I then get a call from the SB and a 3-bet by the BB. My keys here are first, what the 3-bet % of the BB is (is it 1.2% or 10%???). If it's actually 1.2%, then this is a snap-folding AJ here, as their range is basically QQ+. The second key is the SB. What ? are they playing and calling 3-bets or 4-bets. If the SB stays in the hand, my chances of winning drop tremendously. This is key information for the hand and is not provided.

If the BB's 3-bet % is 10%, then I will use it for their range and since the SB already called a bet and their range was not provided, I'll use a tighter range of say 15%. When I put these numbers into pokerstove, my AJo only has 28% equity, so not only am I the least likely to win, it's a -EV play to be in the hand. Due to this, I need to fold to the 3-bet.

If I see the flop, obviously, I'd never fold and all my chips are going in on the flop, but the key here is that it is not a +EV play to be in the hand against this 3-bettor's range when there is another opp currently in the pot, so I need to fold preflop.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com