Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM 6-max, flopped 2 pair AI OTT

Old
10NL ZOOM 6-max, flopped 2 pair AI OTT - Tue Mar 18, 2014, 11:14 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Can we get away from this only 100bb deep?

Villain is unknown.

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 12:09 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
I really don't like raising flop vs a UTG range. We are completely overplaying our hand. I'd prefer calling down. We are IP and have a lot of options depending on the turn.

As played we are calling off half our stack OTF to see a turn? Seems bad. I'd fold right here. What do you expect to be good against that's in his flop 3betting range? Your line looks really strong (calling and raising a flop that smashes a UTG opening range) so for him to come over the top again means we are pretty much dead (we block 2 set combos so it's likely he has TT or KQ).

Last edited by birdayy; Wed Mar 19, 2014 at 12:12 AM..

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 08:42 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
What do you do with TT Birday, I hate raising the flop and getting 3bet here especially with TT.

Last edited by mike2198; Wed Mar 19, 2014 at 09:15 AM..

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 09:27 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
Also call.

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 10:17 AM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi dirt,

I agree with this being an overplay. We are ahead of AK/AQ/KK/QQ but with the strength a raise shows I would not expect villain to 3b any of these on the flop. Once he does, I expect us to be up against a set, KQ, or AJ way too often to continue profitably.

I would need to have a read that he's a wild LAGtard before I'd be comfortable stacking this off here.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com