Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM 6-max, 3B pot with JJ on the BTN

Old
10NL ZOOM 6-max, 3B pot with JJ on the BTN - Tue Mar 18, 2014, 11:17 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Bet sizing issues or does this hand play itself?

Both villains are unknown.

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 12:15 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Why is there no reads or stats?

3betting JJ vs a UTG open can be great vs some players and terrible vs others.

As played, I think our sizing is a bit small on such a wet board. This really isn't a 3 street value hand given you 3b the UTG open. We actually are quite far down on our range on this board.

That being said I think I prefer betting the turn to checking because we don't have a diamond in our hand and we can still extract value / protect our equity.

The river just seems insanely thin. Unless Villain_2 is proven to be a complete whale i'd be checking back here. You are almost turning JJ into a bluff because i'd expect QQ to fold. Is that what you are trying to achieve?

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 12:26 AM
(#3)
I've played 134,680 hands this year at 10NL ZOOM and I've never seen these guys before. At 10NL I get called by Tx, 99, 88 here vs. recreational players... I guess I shouldn't assume that all unknowns are recreational players.

However I didn't like my sizing in this hand and I would have played it the same way if I sized larger.

Example:
OTF: bet $1.00
OTT: bet $2.00
OTR: shove $6.40 into a $7.90 pot

Maybe it's too thin... who knows!

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 12:29 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
At 10NL I get called by Tx, 99, 88 here vs. recreational players... I guess I shouldn't assume that all unknowns are recreational players.
I'm not saying you'll never get called by worse. I'm saying it's a -EV play.

Villain also has all set combos in his range that should play the same way.

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 09:41 AM
(#5)
(Head Trainer)
Hi dirt,

I can't really add much to what birdayy said I don't think. As played, moving all in on the river is likely to lose significant money readless.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 10:24 AM
(#6)
Dave,

Would you BF the river? or check it back?

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 11:55 AM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
Check back.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 05:37 PM
(#8)
Since: Dec 2011
This is a very interesting hand to me, thanks for posting. I just have to add that my alarm bells started ringing because the flop hits SB calling range and even more so the turn, so the river bet is not making many hands fold, only favoring hands which are beating us.

Time Vault Champion 2013

Last edited by mr mendes 20; Wed Mar 19, 2014 at 05:42 PM..

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com