Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

$1 180's pocket 5's BB

Old
$1 180's pocket 5's BB - Wed Mar 19, 2014, 05:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Aug 2013
http://www.pokerschoolonline.com/rep...ash=77CB9B5478

MP: 18.5 BB (VPIP: 29.82, PFR: 28.30, 3Bet Preflop: 0.00, Hands: 59)

after 3x bet he has 15.5 bb left. should i shove pre-flop?

Last edited by sapines1001; Wed Mar 19, 2014 at 05:58 AM..

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 04:21 PM
(#2)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi sapines1001

Shove or fold, but don't call! Calling villains raise is essentially like chucking money down the drain. The opener doesn't have many chips for us to win so even when we do flop a set (12% of the time) we wont benefit very much and a lot of the time we wont even get to stack him.

If the 3x raise is villains standard raise size then I would shove all in and I'd expect him to fold more often than not, his stats are screaming at us to cram it on in him but if this the first time he's made a full 3x raise or you've only seen him 3x very strong hands then I would recommend taking the cautious approach and let him have it.

Cheers, Chris.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com