Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

AKs UTG v LP

Old
AKs UTG v LP - Wed Mar 19, 2014, 01:11 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
Hi

I don’t know whether I should have fired all 3 streets here. I have been working on my hand reading and I figured after the flop that the V had 22+, A2o+ or A2s. I have put this all in to poker stove (this is the first time I have used this) and it tells me that on the river against this had rang I’m 62.5% favourite. So my question is should I have fired on all 3 streets? Reads are

VP:33
PF:7
3B:0
FCB:20
AG:1
Hands:45

Thanks for the help

Old
Wed Mar 19, 2014, 02:50 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
I think that going for 3 streets of value with TPTK is fine, with a plan to fold if you get raised on the turn (and don't have odds to chase flush) or river.
Equity calculators are very useful tools, but only work well if you have a good feel for hand ranges. You might have 62.5% equity vs Ax/22+ on the river, but how do hands like even get to the river? Villain is more likely to call the flop and turn with hands like and in my opinion. His river calling/raising range is a fair bit tighter than you might think, as even hands like KK (along with all missed draws) are folding to a third barrel. The only worse hands that are likely to call on the river are AQ-A9, and good players will even dump those given your show of strength. (That said, this villain is not a good player, as he has "stationy" stats, so betting to get value from worse aces is fine).

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 03:10 AM
(#3)
Since: Sep 2011
I also think bet the river is fine with intention to fold if you face re-raise. His stats indicate to continues betting and if he hit a straight, he would re-raise.
Pokerstove is a great tool but needs to be used wisely. Villain is on button, his range could be huge but unless you have some reads what he is doing on flop/river/turn its very difficult to guest the range.

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 03:49 AM
(#4)
Since: Feb 2013
Bet bet bet until you get raised sounds like a good plan to me in this hand.

I do believe your turnbet could be bigger (70-80%pot). Build a pot in case your nutflush hits, get more value from Ax thats sticks around, get more value from k-high flushdraws...

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 09:12 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2012
Against this type of player i would bet more on the turn and put him all in on the river.

Last edited by MrFlopes; Thu Mar 20, 2014 at 09:14 AM..

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 09:54 PM
(#6)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi Michae,

I think we can go for 3 streets vs. a loose-passive villain here, he will have enough worse aces to compensate for the times he makes aces up or has a set.

33/44/55 - 9 combos
A5/A4/A3/A8 - 24 combos
AQ-A9/A7/A6 - 48 combos

Even if we throw in all the A2 combos (he might raise turn with a straight) and the 67s combos, it's still 48-45 in our favor to be ahead, and he will pay us with all the worse hands.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Sat Mar 22, 2014, 10:55 AM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2013
Thanks for all the feedback. It’s nice to know I’m doing something right. I have been on a down swing lately so second guessing everything I do.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com