Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

*requested by flixx* Toddbets derby

Old
*requested by flixx* Toddbets derby - Thu Mar 20, 2014, 04:06 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
not sure if derby or derpy

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Thu Mar 20, 2014 at 04:44 AM..

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 04:51 AM
(#2)
Since: Feb 2013
Hand 1: great spot to donkbet indeed

Hand 2: fold pre. If it was suited and IP, sure call but you are OOP and offsuit.

hand 3: calling a 4bet with KQ is a recipe for trouble ! Donkbet flop, especially overbetting pot, is a very bad idea imo as he is playing AK, QQ, KK, AA very often and just calls without hesitation as he has no more stack left

Old
Fri Mar 21, 2014, 03:20 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
Haha, cool donking thread after this week's class.

^^agree with rkleef's analysis very much!

Dry boards like in hand 1 with you even having some overcard outs are decent spots to try donking out looking strong. 932 rainbow is hard to hit for your villains, so nh,

The other 2 I think are trivial preflop folds and not very good spots do donk out as you mostly won't have a lot of outs when called. So you need to rely on pure folding equity to make it profitable and I think that won't be the case very often as board 2 offers K high plus flushdraw and in the other hand you may have close to no outs at all when called/shoved on.

Live Trainer

Old
Fri Mar 21, 2014, 01:37 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSO-xflixx View Post
Haha, cool donking thread after this week's class.

^^agree with rkleef's analysis very much!

Dry boards like in hand 1 with you even having some overcard outs are decent spots to try donking out looking strong. 932 rainbow is hard to hit for your villains, so nh,

The other 2 I think are trivial preflop folds and not very good spots do donk out as you mostly won't have a lot of outs when called. So you need to rely on pure folding equity to make it profitable and I think that won't be the case very often as board 2 offers K high plus flushdraw and in the other hand you may have close to no outs at all when called/shoved on.
i wasnt donking to have outs... i was relying purely on folding equity... i will go check check if he calls it....
*ninja highfive with Todd*

Old
Fri Mar 21, 2014, 02:19 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
People at 2NL don't fold much so I wouldn't really try pull off these big bluffs too often. They might feel good, but it's going to be a pretty big -EV play overall in my view, because you've got very little hand equity the times that you get called.

There are much better spots to pick to bluff when you at least have some chances of improving if you're called.

Old
Fri Mar 21, 2014, 02:57 PM
(#6)
Since: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by spand42 View Post
People at 2NL don't fold much so I wouldn't really try pull off these big bluffs too often. They might feel good, but it's going to be a pretty big -EV play overall in my view, because you've got very little hand equity the times that you get called.

There are much better spots to pick to bluff when you at least have some chances of improving if you're called.
+1 if your going to bluff do it when his range is wide and you can turn some equity on the turn this is just maniac play here, i was doing stuff like this 6 months ago maybe not donking with air in 4bet pot but i know one thing it cost me money and took the best part of 50k hands to get break even again.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com