Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

overplayed ? 2nl reg table

Old
overplayed ? 2nl reg table - Thu Mar 20, 2014, 04:17 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
i had like super-duper-ultra-hyper-mega-super loose agresive image at the regular table for like 2 hours... so wut i thought is that he can do this against me with something worse.. i just cant seem to give him credit for only one existing hand that beats me... especially on the flop.... and the reasoning that he can have AQ AK is not much valid for me, since if he haz 77, than i can have AQ/AK anyway and lose anyway...

just cuz of my image, ppl started to herocall me OTR with any pair, or even called my allins with any pair, though max was i guess 150BB and this one is 300BB... so wuts bugs me most is not that i lost this pot but that i lost 350BB D:

though i didnt have any reads on diz man, cuz he didnt involve in any pots with me before i guess.. or he was new at table.. so i basically relied on my loose image... and maybe him having AT- or x or 99/TT/JJ/... or idk...

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Thu Mar 20, 2014 at 04:20 AM..

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 04:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
Against an unknown, in general, what do you think their stacking off range is this deep?

I accept he can maybe do this with some worse (And better) Ax, but I seriously doubt, even at 2NL, that they are going to get this all-in on the flop with even KK. Some will, but you say this is an unknown, so you obviously cant be certain.

Given he looks semi-competent, his raise sizes are decent, you elected to get it in on the flop, the pot was $0.22c before your original bet, what can he call your huge shove with?

I think this is spew, readless and this deep and OOP, you can keep the pot smaller without the nuts.

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 04:53 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2013
AK AQ are both in an unknowns range calling UTG + 1. You could argue for flating his 3 bet OTF but at 5nl unlikely he is rocking up with much that isn't beating you, it looks like a fold to me. Worse thing you can do is stack off, as you basically price in the flush draw along with being behind to AK and AQ.

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 04:53 AM
(#4)
yez but once i make my raise to 0.94 i have no choice... if i call his $2 than he will easily jam OTT/OTR....

plus, how often am i going to make 3rd best hand OTF... though (relative 3rd best hand) i guess a lot,but it only looks dat stronk on dis board... that twips ... so i basically told myself that i cant be running this bad , so i thought im ahead lulz.. but i couldnt be getting called dis much deep by most-likely-tight player in this spot

other options i could do are: just call his raise to 0.40 and checkcall his turn 1$bet / and 2$ riverbet (which would cost me 3.40 though still better than losing 7$... or he might stick it in OTR or OTT which i still would call , though now i know it wont be good...)
so thats why i rather got it in OTF (to get called by worse AT- mainly)... cuz i knew he will jam on me by the river... cuz AK is so common for me to have here, and its exactly wut he would put me on...

the maybe best would be to checkcall flop,turn,river... cuz we was deep and dats why... cuz check would give him oportunity to bluff though dont think he will bluff cuz since i didnt have read on him, he must have played tight

Last edited by NaturoSasuki; Thu Mar 20, 2014 at 04:58 AM..

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 05:04 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2013
The fact that you had an ulta aggro loose image on the table doesn't apply here because this guy was new to the table, as you said.
To him you are an unknown, so he is not trying to play back at you, he is just making valuebets !

If he saw you as an ulta aggro loose maniac, you should have been even more aware as he will certainly not bluff you in a 350BB-pot just because he thinks you are making a play again. He will have the goods for sure !

So bet this flop: sure
3bet : sure
5bet ? : hell no. not with AJ
call his 4bet : nah. unless a J hits the turn, you are in twilightzone.

So I would just fold his 4bet

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 05:56 AM
(#6)
i knowz , me iz not happy w/ my play

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 06:33 AM
(#7)
Since: Apr 2012
Not even at 2nl, especially at 2nl will not villains 4bet bluff this board with TT JJ 99 etc. Not even kings do it.

And most of the time, forget about the image cmon its like this
1)fishes playing every hand anyway so they dont care if you folded for 20 hands they will call 4x raise with suited junk
2)nits playing 12 tables who only play top 10% hands they dont care what u have
3)bad regs who pay your TPTK with any pair or get outkicked

All in all i think there are some players who pay attention, but i think ive seen maybe a few light 3bets at the micros in 2 months so they are not paying attention.

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 10:19 PM
(#8)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
The deeper the money, the stronger our stack off range should be. AK/AQ/A7/77 are all in the villains range.

Your thoughts are incongruent. On one hand you say you have a wild image (I'm sure lol) so people are hero calling you now. But he was new to the table so he wouldn't have this read. And he's not calling, he's raising. Then later you say he should put you on AK... yet he still wants to get all the money in, this is a bad sign for AJ.

I would call the flop raise and go from there, personally. 3-betting is questionable, and 5-betting all in is a significant error this deep without reads. There's value to be had from worse aces in small and medium pots, but the larger the pot gets, the more skewed his range becomes towards better hands.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com