Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM, AA on the BTN facing a 4B PF

Old
10NL ZOOM, AA on the BTN facing a 4B PF - Thu Mar 20, 2014, 03:46 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Is there any point in just calling this 4B IP with AA?

MP(85): 28/20/1.6
All of his other stats aren't reliable

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 04:27 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2011
Just about the only time I flat with aces is when the pot is multiway and I'm trying to induce a third villain to do something crazy. Since everyone else has folded, I'd jam on the MP every time once he 4-bets. While 4-bet bluffing is becoming more common, it's still pretty rare to see someone put in 25% of their stack and then fold, so I'd expect villain to have a strong hand that calls your shove pretty often.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Thu Mar 20, 2014, 05:18 PM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
Agree with arty (and yourself) : shoving is the way to go in this situation, imo

Old
Fri Mar 21, 2014, 04:07 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2012
I agree with the others here. Just move all in as you did. 4b-folding isn't that common at 10NL. Normally a 4b is a very strong hand that the villain is willing to stack off with. Get the money in now while you are ahead and the villain believes they can improve. If they are holding JJ, QQ, or KK an A on the flop may scare them off postflop. If they are holding AK they may be willing to stack off preflop, but not posflop on a missed flop. Keep it simple and move all in as you did. Nice hand.

If we knew more about the villain, then there could be situations where calling will be more profitable. I have seen some nitty players on Zoom that are willing to 4b-fold KK in spots like this on the assumtion that your 5b jamming range consists of only AA. Or as Arty mentioned, if you are confident that someone still to act will raise all in for you. These are rather read spesific spots though.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com