Home / Community / Forum / Support Area / Poker News /

I'd like your ideas and sugges

Old
I'd like your ideas and sugges - Thu Dec 05, 2002, 05:04 PM
(#1)
Deleted user
If you have any ideas or suggestions that you'd like to see implemented at Poker School OnLine, or if you have any ideas that you believe would improve the school, make it more relevent, render it more effective, and do a better job of meeting your needs, please be sure and grab hold of me in Tunica and tell me what you think.

One of my objectives as Dean of Poker School OnLine is to make certain that we are meeting the needs of this community by creating and delivering the kind of programming and information you need.

I can't read minds. But I will listen. So make sure you talk to me either the day before the Seminar, or after the seminar concludes. Or if you really feel motivated, just email me anytime with your suggestions.

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2002, 08:59 PM
(#2)
Deleted user
I think we need a top-to-bottom examination of what "EV" and what "TOURNEY EV" means. Lots of ideas pass around here, and I think there is a lot of confusion of the difference between the EV of one hand, the EV of one hand in the context of an entire tourney, the application of EV and how it applies in the early, late, money and heads-up situations.

I also think players would appreciate more education on the uses of that pesky "all-in" button. i.e how to play the maniac, how to take a stand, when to use, when to defend, early vs. late use of all-in, etc.

Just my wishes.

I am glad you are on the job!

Tim

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2002, 09:16 PM
(#3)
Deleted user
I don't know if this is possible but i think that it would be great.
If you or someone could play some hands and show them and disscuss what your thoughts are during the game. Like what you are thinking when you raise, check or fold. What are some of the things you look for during a game. Point out strenths and weakness in your opponents. This I think as a new player would be invaluable, atleast to me it would.

Old
Thu Dec 05, 2002, 09:38 PM
(#4)
Deleted user
Quote:
I think we need a top-to-bottom examination of what "EV" and what "TOURNEY EV" means. Lots of ideas pass around here, and I think there is a lot of confusion of the difference between the EV of one hand, the EV of one hand in the context of an entire tourney, the application of EV and how it applies in the early, late, money and heads-up situations
I like that idea. Though the tourney ev in early/mid stages is pretty straightforward, the rest could be interesting.

Old
Fri Dec 06, 2002, 02:51 PM
(#5)
Deleted user
Quote:
Originally Posted by poombah
I don't know if this is possible but i think that it would be great.
If you or someone could play some hands and show them and disscuss what your thoughts are during the game. Like what you are thinking when you raise, check or fold. What are some of the things you look for during a game. Point out strenths and weakness in your opponents. This I think as a new player would be invaluable, atleast to me it would.

wow sounds like the hand analysis tool to me !!!!
wonder what happened to that?
answers on a post card to santa at lapdancerslands

Old
Fri Dec 06, 2002, 05:04 PM
(#6)
Deleted user
Actually, Iron, I suggested to Lou that tutors could use the hand analysis tool for lessons/discussions on the forum etc.

Old
Fri Dec 06, 2002, 05:55 PM
(#7)
Deleted user
IMO 1 great Idea would be to have a $500 buy in NLHE T on the date and times that the Big one rnd 2's don't run... this would help tighten up the play for the more experienced players.

Tony D

Old
Fri Dec 06, 2002, 07:58 PM
(#8)
Deleted user
please dont make fun at me. but what is "ev"? im pretty new to poker and not quite up to speed with all the terminology.

Old
Fri Dec 06, 2002, 08:34 PM
(#9)
Since: Jun 2010
Expected Value

or

Economic Value

It refers to your long term expectation.

Old
Fri Dec 06, 2002, 09:19 PM
(#10)
Deleted user
It's basically how much money you would expect to make/lose if you repeated a particular poker situation/bet over and over.

Old
Sat Dec 07, 2002, 06:45 PM
(#11)
Deleted user
I would be interested in a complete examination of top pros use of odds.

First another good tutorial on odds and the actual use of odds in most situations. Also examination of some top pros and how they vary or use or not use odds in situations....

2nd, odds drills, that will help a student get to the different levels of proficiency. (specific first to Texas Holdem, then other games explored)

3nd, a set of questions that demonstrate a student has a good grasp of odds and the usage of odds. There would be 3 tests

basic understanding and usage
medium proficiency level
professional proficiency level

Another area would be skills drills........

Old
Sat Dec 07, 2002, 11:23 PM
(#12)
Since: Jun 2010
Hand Analysis? get this feature re-started.

Old
Sun Dec 08, 2002, 11:47 AM
(#13)
Deleted user
[quote="ironside"]
Quote:
Originally Posted by poombah
answers on a post card to santa at lapdancerslands
Ironside, did you get two separate posts mixed up here? :roll:

Den

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2002, 06:45 PM
(#14)
Deleted user
I know this is not the league part of the forum, but I would like
to see leagues where you play different types of games. Such
as Omaha 8 or Holdem NL, Etc.
Thank You
Tom

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2002, 06:57 PM
(#15)
Deleted user
I think in the software if everybody folds you should be able to show your hand!

Like in real poker.

Because if you get a rush of cards players think you are pushing your stack around. And then when the rush is over you get called. LOL

Just a suggestion. What do you think?

Old
Wed Dec 11, 2002, 11:02 PM
(#16)
Deleted user
jbh,
This suggestion has been submitted and is on the "to do" list.

8O

'Goddess

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2002, 01:02 AM
(#17)
Deleted user
great ty looking forward to it.

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2002, 08:49 AM
(#18)
Deleted user
How about a 5 minute break, on the hour, during tournaments?

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2002, 04:19 PM
(#19)
Deleted user
Hand Histories. I can't believe we are a year old and don't have hand histories.

I spend so much time going through logs from other sites. I have written awk programs to give me the data in a format that suits my needs. I have every hand dealt to me, whether I played it, how I played it, who played it against me, etc. in a database.

We need that here.

Gojacketz

Old
Thu Dec 12, 2002, 04:51 PM
(#20)
Deleted user
I can tell you that we are working on the hand histories and this will be in the software soon after Christmas.

We are also intending to have breaks in the tournaments, and this is
something that we will be working on early in 2003

Regards
Tina

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com