Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

Full Tilt $250k Guarantee Satellite HU hand

Old
Full Tilt $250k Guarantee Satellite HU hand - Fri Mar 21, 2014, 03:36 AM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2012
Full Tilt Poker No Limit Hold'em Tournament - 120/240/25 Blinds - 2 players - View hand 2458276
DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

Hero (BTN/SB): t16248 67.7 BBs
BB: t15252 63.55 BBs - VPIP: 36, PFR: 22, 3B: 14, AF: 2.2, Hands: 174

Pre Flop: (t410) Hero is BTN/SB with 5 3
Hero raises to t480, BB calls t240

Flop: (t720) 5 6 4 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets t424, BB raises to t1200, Hero calls t776

Turn: (t3120) Q (2 players)
BB bets t1440, Hero calls t1440

River: (t6000) 8 (2 players)
BB checks, Hero bets 3962

Played a satellite with ~20 or so players. 1 seat guaranteed for a $215 tourney on full tilt. The buy in was 1k full tilt points so there's more regs than fish.

Villain had been playing pretty aggressively, and this was one of the first heads up hands.

I just think we have a tonne more 7x in our range than he does, and thus we should be turning our hand into a bluff otr to fold out hands like A6, mayyybe two pair etc etc.

Thoughts?

Old
Fri Mar 21, 2014, 04:03 AM
(#2)
Since: Jul 2012
I don't think you need to turn your hand in to the bluff, there is check raise with a bluff OTF often enough to check back river with medium strength hand. His check OTR is a trap with 2p+ hands and he has intention of calling your bet OTR or he is weak HU player,that decided quit his bluff OTR. and he played like a draw himself OTF.
I think I would 3bet OTF with the intention to call his shove.
UPS sorry , didn't noticed that you where so deep. calling down looks better for me than.

Last edited by Shichi-77; Fri Mar 21, 2014 at 04:59 AM..

Old
Fri Mar 21, 2014, 04:44 AM
(#3)
Since: Jan 2013
Looks fine to me versus a thinking villain.
I am not so sure about the river sizing, it looks kinda big to me, but it's cool if that's the sizing you take with a 7x.
And even if you get called, you still have a lot of chips to work it through.
Now if we should be bluffing HU on the very first hands for a big % of our chip stack, that depends on villain's perception on us.
If you had been caught bluffing in the past, I would rather give up turn or call turn and check back river, hoping they were bluffing as well.

Old
Sun Mar 23, 2014, 12:25 PM
(#4)
Since: Dec 2010
Hi,

Hand Anaylsis

I'd prefer folding this hand pre-flop. There will be many situations that will arise where we are forced to turn our hand into a bluff and this type of hand on our stack depth just wont be flopping/drawing good enough to where we'll feel comfortable pulling the trigger (but have to) on most board textures. On this flop there are alot of hands that could be in the villain c/r range, 6x A6, K6, Q6, J6, 86, 76, A5, A4 and 7x... and plenty of random air with high card Ax A2 to A8, K7+, Q7+. If the villain had a hand like two pairs, given the aggresive reads you provided they most likely would have c/r again OTT or CC OTR. I also think alot of sets would take the same line the villain has, mainly bottom set for a value check given our image.

If we really want this villain to fold, a bigger sizing on the river is a must, 4,500+! To often I see players make a small to medium sizing for "balance" and get insta hero called by the hand they were trying to fold out! Although there is room to say that a smaller sizing would have merit to, so we do not get our stack crippled if called.

EDIT: Checking back OTR is an option aswell, to save bets for a legit value hand.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
CannonLee

Quintuple Bracelet Winner

Last edited by CannonLee; Sun Mar 23, 2014 at 12:28 PM..

Old
Mon Mar 24, 2014, 11:40 AM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2012
Thanks Cannon!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com