Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL FR Zoom AK tricky spot.

Old
10NL FR Zoom AK tricky spot. - Fri Mar 21, 2014, 05:48 PM
(#1)
Since: Sep 2013
Guy is 18/15 and 3bet 4% from BTN.

My plan was to flat his 3bet, to keep wide range, if I 4bet he'll fold all his junk and continue QQ+.

so we make top pair, I let him bluff/value bet the flop, on the turn i decided to get value from KQ, flush draws, because two flushdraws were on the board, he flatted my 3bet on turn. River is 4 which doesnt change anything, since I can't see any 4 in his range.

On the River decided to shove, to get value from KQ, KJ, or chop with AK.

What are your thoughts guy ?

Poker Stars, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 9 Players
Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BTN: $11.03 (110.3 bb)
SB: $25.29 (252.9 bb)
BB: $4.05 (40.5 bb)
UTG+1: $26.97 (269.7 bb)
UTG+2: $10 (100 bb)
MP1: $12.02 (120.2 bb)
MP2: $9.85 (98.5 bb)
MP3: $29.12 (291.2 bb)
Hero (CO): $12.68 (126.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K A
5 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN raises to $0.90, 2 folds, Hero calls $0.60

Flop: ($1.95) 3 4 K (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $1, Hero calls $1

Turn: ($3.95) 8 (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $2.30, Hero raises to $5, BTN calls $2.70

River: ($13.95) 4 (2 players)
Hero bets $5.78 and is all-in, BTN calls $4.13 and is all-in

Results:
Click to show hidden text

Old
Fri Mar 21, 2014, 06:49 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I haven't looked at the results yet...

How many hands do you have on this player? and how wide are you opening from the CO... these are important things to look at when you're ranging villains. And when you're deciding to flat vs 4bet.

As played I think the flat call is ok if the villain is only 3betting 4% of hands, but I would rather flat with AK in position vs. a 4% range.

OTF: I like the XC line you take.
OTT: I would never XR the villain here for two reasons:
- Your hand isn't strong enough the villain is only continuing with AA, KK, AK of diamonds but you have the ace of diamonds... (I would XC this tbet)
- If you think the villain is bluffing then you should X shove this turn because your stack size will suck when we have to make a river decision and the sizing you used gives the villain 4.1 to 1 odds to continue if he was semi bluffing. OTR we will be shoving $5.78 into $13.95...
OTR: Shoving here isn't good because you raised OTT your shove is tiny. So lets look at what hands continued vs. you OTT, AA, KK, AK... you lose vs all these hands.

Now looking at the results. make a note on this player, but also note what I woudl suggest doing OTT.

TBH: my line in this hand would be XC, XC, then OTR either a XC of XF depending on river bet sizing.

Old
Fri Mar 21, 2014, 06:52 PM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2012
Agree with dirt, why do you check-raise turn, it just makes no sense to me and then i think villain is only proceeding with AK being bottom of their range. KQ? Maybe sometimes...

And now i looked at the results and J4 is obviously nuts, but it doesnt change anything about turn line, just folds out all his bluffs.

Last edited by CrazYJohnnie; Fri Mar 21, 2014 at 06:55 PM..

Old
Sat Mar 22, 2014, 07:23 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2013
my CO RFI is 22. Well not sure, if I 4bet, and he shoves, i'm in shitty spot. don't want to 4bet and fold. I made a note of him 3betting junk in BTN.

Old
Sat Mar 22, 2014, 08:15 AM
(#5)
Since: Oct 2010
I'm actually not a fan of calling 3bets OOP; I would 4bet preflop and be happy to get the rest in. As played, I think my plan is to call down on all streets. Raising turn seems to bloat the pot and its hard for our opponent to call with worse.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com