Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Poker Education & Beginners Questions /

Frozen accounts

Old
Frozen accounts - Sat Mar 22, 2014, 08:49 AM
(#1)
Since: Jan 2014
I stumbled on a site stating that a player had his account frozen and money taken for using another site to get stats on other players. There was quite a few complaints. How do we know what sites we can and cannot use? This is the nightmare I was worried about before opening an account. So far everyone has been terrific answering any questions I have asked and I hope these are just losers caught cheating but I want to make sure every site I check out is o.k. to use. How do I find out which sites are o.k. and which ones are not.THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELP

Old
Sat Mar 22, 2014, 08:55 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
If I undertstand what you are saying then the person in question was probably buying hand histories that were data mined ie. the people that had the hand histories were not involved in the hands played.

That is against Pokerstars terms and conditions.

Any site that offers that is not permitted. Sites like Sharkscope are different, people can limit what information is held on them, its more of a results service. You can opt-out and in of what is seen.

Old
Sat Mar 22, 2014, 09:49 AM
(#3)
Since: Apr 2011
Here you go:
http://www.pokerstars.com/poker/room/prohibited/

Old
Thanks - Sat Mar 22, 2014, 11:29 AM
(#4)
Since: Jan 2014
I really appreciate the link. I am fairly new and there is so much info and so many sites with player info and strategy etc. and I do not want to violate any rules. THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR TAKING THE TIME TO HELP!!!

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com