Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

3.50 STG NLHE JJ raise utg+1 on caller 2 overcards on flop

Old
3.50 STG NLHE JJ raise utg+1 on caller 2 overcards on flop - Sat Mar 22, 2014, 06:54 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013
http://www.boomplayer.com/en/poker-h...034_F31752D689

I opened from utg+1 1 caller from blinds the villain actively involved 13 hands in he was playing 6-7 of them AKX flop i continued he called then checked he bet half pot on river i fold i folded bad flop i could not call their what your comment on the hand or what will u do differently?

Last edited by casablancaa1; Sat Mar 22, 2014 at 06:55 PM.. Reason: wrong url

Old
Sun Mar 23, 2014, 11:46 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi casablancaa1!

With JJ, I'm going to make a standard opening raise to 3BB+1BB for each limper, so I will raise to 150.

I get a caller out of the blinds and see a flop with two overs. When the opp checks to me, this is one of the boards that I'm not going to c-bet on. With it being early in the tourney, there are a number of opp types that will play any A or broadway, so the opp could easily be ahead of me. If there had only been one overcard, I would make a standard 1/2 pot c-bet, but with two overs, I'm going to opt to check behind and re-evaluate on the turn.

My plan for the turn is that if it's a non-threatening card and the opp checks, I'll make a standard 1/2 pot bet on the turn. If the opp makes any sizable bet, I'll need to fold. If the opp calls my a turn bet, I'm going to hope to check behind on the river and go to showdown.

As played, if I had to put the opp on a hand, it would be Kx and due to this, I need to fold to the river bet.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com