Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

25NL ZOOM, AKo vs. AGGRO villain

Old
25NL ZOOM, AKo vs. AGGRO villain - Sat Mar 22, 2014, 07:33 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Just wondering how you would play this hand and what's the river play?

Villain(106):24/20/AF:32.0
TOT 3BET: 6.1 on 33 samples
3BET from BTN: 16.7 on 6 samples

Old
Sat Mar 22, 2014, 07:56 PM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2011
Did you think about 4-betting pre? I'd also check raise the flop then lead the turn depending on what the action is.

Old
Sat Mar 22, 2014, 08:24 PM
(#3)
Since: Nov 2013
Flatting PF is ok for me. But I would play CR OTF w/ a strong hand both for protection and value against Ax, and FD's.

You can still also lead the turn or play CR again and play for stacks.

OTR. This is what you pay for playing too passively OTF and OTR when a club comes. Now you only win against AQ and split w/ AK, and lose against FD.

Not really sure here. Maybe you can consider a tough fold, or just close your eyes and call. :-)

Old
Sat Mar 22, 2014, 08:39 PM
(#4)
The plan was to CC his 3b and let him fire 3 streets with Ax... but he shoves OTR...

Old
Sun Mar 23, 2014, 04:41 AM
(#5)
Since: Feb 2013
5nl opinion: At NL2 regular where maniacs were plenty, I found that it was really important to make your plan on the flop and stick with it, so it would be a call, sometimes you lose sometimes you win.

I guess maniacs at NL25 are a bit cleverer though.

You didn’t say anything about him not betting every street every time when given opportunity or about his bet sizes. It would be very profitable to have detailed picture about his play. If he is balanced maniac and you can't find a hole this is again a call. And imo, he did not really shove, he betted pot size.

Last edited by braveslice; Sun Mar 23, 2014 at 04:48 AM..

Old
Sun Mar 23, 2014, 04:53 AM
(#6)
Since: Sep 2012
Pre at 25nl this if a fistpump 4b to $5-$5.50 for me vs villains like this guy.

Given we are > 100bb deep he can even start flatting 4bets with AQo, AJs etc (thats awesome for us).

As played i'm really not sure about river. It's very villain dependent. Some guys im snap calling and some i'm folding.

In this situation i'd be calling since I don't think he expects us to have AK here and he can shove AQ for value.

Last edited by birdayy; Sun Mar 23, 2014 at 04:56 AM..

Old
Mon Mar 24, 2014, 08:48 AM
(#7)
(Head Trainer)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Pre at 25nl this if a fistpump 4b to $5-$5.50 for me vs villains like this guy.

Given we are > 100bb deep he can even start flatting 4bets with AQo, AJs etc (thats awesome for us).

As played i'm really not sure about river. It's very villain dependent. Some guys im snap calling and some i'm folding.

In this situation i'd be calling since I don't think he expects us to have AK here and he can shove AQ for value.
^^I pretty much agree with this, especially vs. valid 3B%'s... although ours aren't really valid as the samples are still pretty small (in particular the 3B from the button which is 1/6).

As played I think calling isn't terrible since he should exclude AK from our range, but I'm not too sure he will be shoving AQ for value hoping to get called by AT-... it's a pretty narrow range he'd be targeting that can call a shove. I would expect AQ to bet more like $11 rather than shove $26 into a $24 pot. That being said, it does seem like if we were not on a flush draw this will be a very hard bet for us to call with our entire perceived range, and we're actually at the top/above the range our line represents in terms of showdown value, so I feel like if we fold here we may be folding too much.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 24, 2014, 10:41 AM
(#8)
Hello all! Yes this was a close spot for me. I didn't think that the villain would shove the river. I was prepared to call a large bet OTR even with the flush hitting and the J of clubs. I could see the villain having AJ in their range so this kind of sucked... I actually didn't tank for too long and called. Villain had actually hit 2 pair OTT. They 3bet me with A2o... I made a note and I will be 4betting this villain with a larger than usually value range!

Thanks.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com