Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

NL5 6Max Zoom gone mad?

Old
Question
NL5 6Max Zoom gone mad? - Sat Mar 22, 2014, 09:58 PM
(#1)
Since: Nov 2013
What happened to NL5 Zoom? I am a semi-regular there, but today I witnessed a very high amount of 3Beting preflop. Like 50% of my opens were 3Bet, no matter what position I opened from. Raised by Buttons, by BigBlinds WAY more often than before. And often by cards they insta-folded to a 4Bet.
Did I miss a class where they talked about 3Bet stealing pots preflop?

Old
Sun Mar 23, 2014, 10:56 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2012
Not sure but I noticed this a little as well. I have noticed also that there are more Gold/Platinum/Supernova players picking about at 5/10NL these days. Not sure if some of them are gravitating across from regular tables and using the lower stakes to experiment.

Yeah, it seems to be happening more.

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 07:02 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2013
I noticed it too. Personally I like it. I am a fairly aggressive player and the last couple of days at 10NL I am getting much more value from my premium hands. It also allows for much more room to play with some more speculative openers.

I have had a couple of weird ones where people have been calling my 4 bets with 75o and 89o etc. No complaints on that front as have taken a stack or two however it does seam like the some people have got the idea of 3 and 4 bets at the lower stakes but are doing weird things with that knowledge.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com