Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2$NL 6-MAX AJo fold or crying call ?

Old
2$NL 6-MAX AJo fold or crying call ? - Sun Mar 23, 2014, 11:30 AM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
villain_6 VP 17 PF 13 AF 3T 4F 3T 1R (300)

I don't know if the call on the turn was correct.
I did not know what to do on the river

Would you call this off ?

Old
Sun Mar 23, 2014, 12:28 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
Gross spot to be in with the second nuts. I think I would have bet the turn. You have TPHK with a high flush draw.

By checking OTT and letting the villain bet, you now have set yourself up for a XC, XF or it could go X, X and you get zero value.

I would bet the turn, then bet fold or maybe bet call OTR.

As played... I don't know what I would do here... Villain is pretty nitty and doesn't seem too aggressive... I guess you have to decided why he's shoving his entire stack in there.

I just looked at the hand again... I also don't really mind a XR OTT tbh.

OTR I would call. LOL.

Old
Sun Mar 23, 2014, 12:48 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
I would call on the river myself.

We might be unlucky and he has the K of hearts but the way the hand played out I think he will often have a set, big Ace, AQ and potentially smaller hearts.

Old
Mon Mar 24, 2014, 09:00 AM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi guys,

I would prefer to bet/fold this river tbh. As played I have no qualms about folding for a massive overbet shove into an .81c pot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
but the way the hand played out I think he will often have a set, big Ace, AQ and potentially smaller hearts.
I think we can rule all these out when he takes this river action. These all have enough showdown value that I doubt a nitty villain will turn them into a bluff.

And this sizing makes little sense for a bluff, since he could pot it and only be risking .81c. And nits rarely bluff the river. And for this price, we have to catch him bluffing 44% of the time or more.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Old
Mon Mar 24, 2014, 10:43 AM
(#5)
Since: Apr 2012
Why did you give up your initiative?

If something told you you're behind after his flop call just let it go or c/r the turn to semibluff your draw.

Old
Mon Mar 24, 2014, 01:41 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2013
Yes I agree, I should have bet the turn.
Why I didn't, I am not sure actually. I was just cautious as to why he called the flop.
He was playing good poker imo and calling that flop made me put him on either an ace or a draw.
If he was on an ace, most likely he had a better kicker that I had. And with a draw he got there.
So I changed to check calling mode as I have some showdown value.
However the river bet was very surprising to me. I would have called up to 60 cents or so but this huge overbet was really screaming Kh. I didn't feel like he would be bluffing a lot of the times.
So I folded and we will never know
But in retrospect, perhaps the play on the turn was a bit conservative and inviting bluffs. Then again, I did call a fairly sized turn bet and I think my opp knew that I would call a normal river bet as well. So yeah that increases the likelihood of a bluff but to be honest, I did not know where I was standing so I took the conservative way out...

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 07:01 AM
(#7)
Since: Sep 2011
I would bet the river and fold to re-raise. I also don't understand why you did not bet turn.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com