Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

bad river bluff?

Old
bad river bluff? - Sun Mar 23, 2014, 02:34 PM
(#1)
Since: Dec 2013
so knew exactly that he has QQ... and that he will call turn if i bet as flushdraw w/ and i tried to rep slowplayed flush or A .. which i could have..

Old
Sun Mar 23, 2014, 02:43 PM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
Bad river bluff, imo. Its a standard river call for villain.

Old
Sun Mar 23, 2014, 02:51 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Fold when the action reaches you first time, and then second time as well, calling a 3bet with 42s is just silly without reads.

Fold flop.

Well played on the turn though I think we can sometimes open fold

Fold to bet on the river but if you are going to try and put pressure on him by raising him then I think you have to go a lot bigger.

Just fold at every opportunity given.

Old
Sun Mar 23, 2014, 03:03 PM
(#4)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Gosh, 5min of break is not enough (girl) time to go to the washroom, AND catch up on all of GL's fun hands

brb!!

Old
Sun Mar 23, 2014, 03:19 PM
(#5)
Since: Aug 2010
BronzeStar
Hey GL, back in the day (WAY back!! ) I used to play a lot of the same hands you do - because it's so much fun to win big pots, and no one ever expects anyone to play hands like 26s ... for just reason, I suppose

And folding's not so much fun - unfortunately it does seem to lead to more $ in the net Hopefully you'll find a nice balance of action and fun, and stuff that works for you ... GL, GL!!

Old
Sun Mar 23, 2014, 03:57 PM
(#6)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
Fold when the action reaches you first time, and then second time as well, calling a 3bet with 42s is just silly without reads.

Fold flop.

Well played on the turn though I think we can sometimes open fold

Fold to bet on the river but if you are going to try and put pressure on him by raising him then I think you have to go a lot bigger.

Just fold at every opportunity given.
he snapcalled river, so dont think bigger *lol*, will scare him

Old
Mon Mar 24, 2014, 03:23 AM
(#7)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi NaturoSasuki!

Bluffing at 2NL doesn't make the best strategy against most players since they just don't fold often enough. This is an easy fold preflop. The 3b will assuredly be a better hand than yours. So the only way we can profitably call the bet is if we have a strong read allowing us to exploit the villain postflop. You don't have that, so fold to the 3b. Note: be careful about putting the villain on exactly one hand. This is not the best way to range an opponent and will lead you to bad decisions more times than not.

Now, you have absolutely nothing and we know the villain has a decent hand. The only way you are going to win this hand is by getting the villain to fold. Slowplaying does the exact opposite. It allows the villain to see the next card for free if they choose. You can bluff rep an A in this spot, but then you will need to raise the flop, bet the turn and probably bet again on the river. With 3 streets of bluff, you might get QQ, KK and weaker Ax hands to fold. However, this becomes a very expensive game compared to a low risk - high reward value only strategy.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

Old
Mon Mar 24, 2014, 07:05 AM
(#8)
Since: Sep 2011
Bluffing at 2NL is not necessary since most players playing the board and will simply not fold + I am even not sure if this is a good bluff since he needs to call $0.5c into $2.5 pot.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com