Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM, JJ vs AGGRO MONKEY

Old
10NL ZOOM, JJ vs AGGRO MONKEY - Tue Mar 25, 2014, 11:06 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Maybe should have 4B preflop here... anywho... let me know how you'd play this hand!

Thanks,
dirt

Villain(242):28/21/2.1
TOT 3BET: 10.4
3BET by position:
MP: 14.3 on 7 samples
CO: 18.2 on 11 samples
BTN: 11.1 on 18 samples
SB: 10.3 on 29 samples
BB: 6.5 on 31 samples
FLOP CBET: 81
HM autorate: Loose Agressive
NOTES: Slow plays +45% stronger than average hands

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 11:29 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Nooo. Don't 4b pre.

Turn is close (i like that you didn't bet). I actually think there's a fair case for x/folding, but i'd x/call like you did.

River is not much to say really. Easy fold. Much better card for his range.

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 11:33 AM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
I dont think I play any street differently. Assuming you folded on the river.

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 01:49 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2012
I am pretty sure I bet the turn, I don't think he checked a naked K on the flop and we picked up equity.

If I bet turn I am bet folding river.

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 10:59 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi dirt,

Aggro-monkey is a bit harsh for 28/21/2.1 It's 6-max after all.

I think your line here is fine tbh. I prefer to check/call the turn myself as well... he can be checking back the flop with some better hands sometimes (AsKx, AsAx, KK, QQ) and some worse hands, but the worse hands probably won't call a bet, and the better hands won't fold. It's probably preferable to give him a chance to bluff the worse hands.

River is an easy check/fold, agree with birdayy.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com