Turn play: Shove all in? or fold?

CO(08):38/13/1.0
SB(10):33/0/2.0
BB(38):22/8/3.5

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 11:35 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
I think this a fold given we were 3 way OTT and i'd never expect him to bluff for this sizing.

As for his range i'd say he'd flat a tonne preflop given the price he was getting closing the action (~40% of hands imo). This makes it a pain to set up equilab since he has such a wide range and i don't know if he fastplays sets and flopped straights but we are gonna be crushed by his turn raising range regardless.

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 11:36 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
I'm going for...fold. His range is very wide as he was the BB and got insane odds to call with virtually any hand.
Would he really raise a bet from a UTG opener that has bet into 3 players OTF, with a (semi-)bluff ??
I believe he has a set or str8 most of the times, maybe "just" 2pair. No worse hand than ours will make a move like that (with those stats)

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 01:38 PM
(#4)
Since: May 2012
I don't know, I guess its a fold.. these are the spots I struggle with... he could be doing this with an over pair, I mean KK and QQ are probably thinking they are ahead and want to bet to protect. This is where the feel comes in I guess.

this is a tough spot... tbh I might shove here but that is just how I play, and believe me I get burned sometimes but I am good a lot of the time.

I probably ship it, I mean its either a set or an over pair, I am not putting him on the straight.

Last edited by FireMedic815; Tue Mar 25, 2014 at 01:42 PM..

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 03:43 PM
(#5)
Since: Sep 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
I think this a fold given we were 3 way OTT and i'd never expect him to bluff for this sizing.
This is like a super-charged Beluga Theorem. We've been mulitway, villain's seen us take aggressive actions at every opportunity and he's basically min-raised us on a blank turn. I think you can pretty comfortably fold this. Sets make up a ton of his range given both the preflop and postflop action.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com