Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM, TT vs. Squeeze from AGGRO MONKEY

Old
10NL ZOOM, TT vs. Squeeze from AGGRO MONKEY - Tue Mar 25, 2014, 11:18 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Butchered this! What would you do here? CC pre?

CO(8):63/0/10.0

BTN(135):26/18/6.3
TOT 3BET: 8.9
3BET from the button: 26.7 on 15 samples
Squeeze: 33 but it's only on 9 samples

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 11:26 AM
(#2)
Since: Sep 2012
Really don't see a reason to 4b here. I think calling is much better to keep the fish in with a hand you have to 4b/fold to the btn (i'd assume?).

Given we did 4b I don't like bet/calling and I don't like x/calling either. :S

However, this is a parlay of 4betting pre which I don't think we should do so i'm not gonna bother discussing it.

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 02:00 PM
(#3)
Since: May 2012
I really don't like the 4 bet pre, its close but I think we are deep enough to call to set mine. and if we call another 90 there is 3.10 in the pot and we can call a reasonable c bet and re evaluate. Those are the kind of flops where a lot of players are one and done. I think we can comfortably fold to a turn c bet if it gets there.

Last edited by FireMedic815; Tue Mar 25, 2014 at 02:02 PM.. Reason: had pot wrong

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 11:12 PM
(#4)
Since: Jun 2010
(Head Trainer)
Hi dirt,

I agree, I think 4-betting is significantly worse than flatting the 1.20. 4-betting will tend to push the fish out, and isolate us against a strong range on the button (he may 3b a bit wider to iso the fish, but will fold the few hands in his range we are beating). Flat calling invites the fish to overcall, and this is our target player, a deep stacked guy who has played 5/8 hands thus far all for calls preflop. This is the one who's going to be prone to big post flop mistakes when we flop strong.

Head Live Trainer
Check out my Videos

4 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com