Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

2NL 6m zoom. too nitty fold?

Old
2NL 6m zoom. too nitty fold? - Tue Mar 25, 2014, 03:20 PM
(#1)
Since: Feb 2013

I folded without hesitation being busy 4tabling but a buddy of me said it should have been a call (at least).

I'm still not sure... could be call. I was basically done with the hand and looking for the next spot.

What do you think?

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 04:03 PM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
I think you can comfortably call here OTF. You have a gutter and your K and J outs might be clean. I would call at least OTF and re evaluate OTT.

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 04:14 PM
(#3)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
I think you can comfortably call here OTF. You have a gutter and your K and J outs might be clean. I would call at least OTF and re evaluate OTT.
Agree.

BvB he doesnt have to have a strong hand to cbet. If you know he fires every flop then you can even consider a bluff raise and reassess based on his future action.

Again, read dependent though, at 2NL some players wont fold but others will snap fold.

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 04:20 PM
(#4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
you can even consider a bluff raise
I don't like a semi-bluff OTF in position. I think you can XR or DONK as a semi bluff OOP. IP I like just calling. There are a ton of cards that we can continue on. Any, K, J, Q and any spade are all good for us. If any other card other than the ones listed above, we can either bet OTT once the villain checks to us or we can check it back and see if we hit OTR.

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 04:39 PM
(#5)
Since: Jun 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirt eh View Post
I don't like a semi-bluff OTF in position. I think you can XR or DONK as a semi bluff OOP. IP I like just calling. There are a ton of cards that we can continue on. Any, K, J, Q and any spade are all good for us. If any other card other than the ones listed above, we can either bet OTT once the villain checks to us or we can check it back and see if we hit OTR.
I think it depends on player tendencies to be honest. It's just one possible line.

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 04:44 PM
(#6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoylegend View Post
I think it depends on player tendencies to be honest. It's just one possible line.
AGREED!

Old
Tue Mar 25, 2014, 11:13 PM
(#7)
Since: Oct 2011
Blind vs blind at 6-max, I'm floating with any equity whatsoever, and against some players I even do it with total air. Calling the flop is mandatory here, imo.
To be more brutal, if you're calling pre in the hope of making top pair, and will fold the two thirds of the time you miss, then you're better off folding pre.

Bracelet Winner

Old
Wed Mar 26, 2014, 12:14 AM
(#8)
Since: Dec 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtySmokesPS View Post
Blind vs blind at 6-max, I'm floating with any equity whatsoever, and against some players I even do it with total air. Calling the flop is mandatory here, imo.
To be more brutal, if you're calling pre in the hope of making top pair, and will fold the two thirds of the time you miss, then you're better off folding pre.
was watching him with teamviewer both hands and told him he totally misplayed them, haha i can be such a analyzer

Old
Wed Mar 26, 2014, 03:16 AM
(#9)
Since: Feb 2013
Yeah yeah, I got the point. I messed up this hand. Guess 4table zoom made me miss 2 spots I might have gotten value. Normally play 3.

Last edited by rkleefstra; Wed Mar 26, 2014 at 03:18 AM..

Old
Wed Mar 26, 2014, 07:55 AM
(#10)
Since: Jan 2012
Hi rkleefstra,

For me it all boils down to what we know about the sb. This will aften be a pf 3b spot for me. Calling preflop is fine though, especially since we have position on the villain. As the others point out we do have enough potential to improve that we can profitably call the cbet and reevaluate on the turn. It is important to also note that you are both fairly deep here. This greater potential reward makes the risk of calling the cbet even more worthwhile. We may improve to the best hand including the nuts with a straight. And, many opponents cbet their entire range, but shut down on the turn and river if called.

I wouldn't consider semi-bluff raising this flop against an unknown, especially at 2NL. Players at 2NL in general call too often which significantly reduces the effectiveness of bluffing. Here we have no information suggesting they would be likely to fold.

GL and have fun at the tables!

Roland GTX

PS: I make use of the "pause all tables" button to take notes for example after seeing a showdown. it is quick, easy and effective

Old
Wed Mar 26, 2014, 10:30 AM
(#11)
Since: Jun 2011
(Live Trainer)
With you having position, 2 overs and a gutter to the nuts your equity in the hand even against a tighter opening and c-betting range should be good enough to continue. You could even think about bluffraising, but I feel calling will be an overall better option as it utilizes positional advantage better and the outs you can hit are cards that can get you paid more.

Live Trainer

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com