Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM, 3 bluff catch hands

Old
10NL ZOOM, 3 bluff catch hands - Wed Mar 26, 2014, 12:33 AM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Alright, so at 10NL ZOOM... here are three hands out of a 2549 hand session that I wanted to pick out and share. This seems to be a theme lately. People are floating with no equity and trying to rep hands... at least vs me they are.

In all of these hands... I definitely didn't think my hands were winners... Am I over thinking things?

All villains involved are UNKNOWNS. Readless.

Old
Wed Mar 26, 2014, 06:50 AM
(#2)
Since: Apr 2012
1st one: Maybe overpair. Board gets scary. Villian tries to rep the straight to see where he is at and hopes to get to valuetown.

2nd one: Drunk - obviously [trying to rep the flush without shoving]

3rd one: Getting married to the ladies is common on the micros, I guess. Bluffing a straight on a gutshot-board, too.

I don't think bad bluffing-lines are a theme. Not intended at least.

Trying to get villians of better hands - I can't imagine anything like that is a theme in poker anyway.

Quote:
In all of these hands... I definitely didn't think my hands were winners... Am I over thinking things?
An uneducated guess: You don't think enough about the thoughts of your villians.

Old
Wed Mar 26, 2014, 08:40 AM
(#3)
Since: Feb 2013
I like the first bluff try, when u raise you are repping TJ (bluffing ) and I would fold 6.

Second ahdn, against tighter reg (normal in zoom at least 5NL) shoving should be EV+

Third one I don't get, but it has happened many times. Something like he put you on weak Ax and combined that idea to see str possibility on the board.

Last edited by braveslice; Wed Mar 26, 2014 at 08:51 AM..

Old
Wed Mar 26, 2014, 09:53 AM
(#4)
Since: Sep 2012
Hand 1 is interesting. We are basically shoving a draw in a sense. I don't understand what straights he has in his range except 66 given we flatted MP vs UTG. That's a pretty narrow range so i'd also call.

Hand 2 pot odds / he's probably a random half stacker fish / we have a straight / call.

Hand 3 he has 3 combos of A4s and 6 combos of 44. I don't know why he wouldn't just x/c a 4 so I like looking him up here.

Old
Wed Mar 26, 2014, 11:53 AM
(#5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdayy View Post
Hand 1 is interesting. We are basically shoving a draw in a sense. I don't understand what straights he has in his range except 66 given we flatted MP vs UTG. That's a pretty narrow range so i'd also call.

Hand 2 pot odds / he's probably a random half stacker fish / we have a straight / call.

Hand 3 he has 3 combos of A4s and 6 combos of 44. I don't know why he wouldn't just x/c a 4 so I like looking him up here.
Birdayy, on Hand 1. Would you just call with the set of 8s? or do you like the jam? I have no idea what he's folding here... I can never see a set folding, 6x or T9

Old
Wed Mar 26, 2014, 01:49 PM
(#6)
Since: Oct 2010
Hey dirt eh!

rule is 1 hand per post but here it goes

Hand#1: I would be worried when they raise the turn when the board gets so connected. They can do this with 66, 77, 87, JT so I think it's time to be cautious and not shove all in

Hand#2: Bleh, but call we only need to win 20%

Hand #3: I'd actually start by raising the flop; Most Ax will give you action and hands like KK/QQ/JJ would probably not give us action on later streets unimproved and it's not likely we would see double street bluffs on A high and given positions so calling to allow them to double or triple barrel as a bluff doesnt make too much sense to me so I'd go for pure value against his Ax. As played, they represent or atleast try to represent a 4 be it A4, 44, or 55 so I'd make that curious call with a set but not TP.

Old
Wed Mar 26, 2014, 01:57 PM
(#7)
Thanks George, sorry about the multiple post. On hand 1... would you just call OTT? Shoving only if we boat up?

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com