Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Tournament Section (MTTs & STTs) /

No Limit Hold'em Buy-In: $1.00/$0.10 USD

Old
No Limit Hold'em Buy-In: $1.00/$0.10 USD - Wed Mar 26, 2014, 08:58 AM
(#1)
Since: Mar 2014

was this just a sick set up or would anyone have played it differently

Old
Wed Mar 26, 2014, 09:45 AM
(#2)
Since: Jun 2010
(Super-Moderator)
BronzeStar
Hi donkkilla76!

The result will be the same, but the key with this hands are the bet sizes, as they need to be consistent (if I were the opp, it's easy to tell that you had 2 pair or a set). Here's how I'd have played it.

With 44 and 2 limps in front of me, since the stacks are just barely deep enough to setmine, I'm going to call and hope to hit a 4. If any of the previous limpers or I would have had less than 30k chips, I'd need to immediately shove or fold.

I flop bottom set and when it gets to me with a min bet in front, I'm going to raise and make a value bet. Bets postflop need to be sized based on the size of the pot, number of opps and board texture. With 3 opps, a standard bet is 3/4 pot, so I will raise by 3/4 pot (11600)... HOWEVER, this is 1/3 of my remaining chips, which means that if I make this bet, I'm pot-committed. Due to this, I have one and only one play available on the flop... to SHOVE.

I want to keep all of my bets and raises consistent, as this helps to conceal the strength of my hand. Abnormal bet sizes, especially if based on the player's card strength, basically turns the cards face-up to an observant opponent.. something that I need to avoid. The only time that I want to change from a standard bet sizing is when I'm pot-committed and then I'll shove.

Hope this helps and good luck at the tables.

John (JWK24)

Super-Moderator

6 Time Bracelet Winner

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com