Home / Community / Forum / Poker Education / Texas Hold'Em Cash Games /

10NL ZOOM, AJo BTN 3B pot TPTK

Old
10NL ZOOM, AJo BTN 3B pot TPTK - Wed Mar 26, 2014, 12:07 PM
(#1)
Since: Jun 2010
Villain(48):17/15/14.0
Tot 3bet: 10.0 on 20 samples

Turn decision... These spots are really hard for me. I usually end up calling which is probably the worst play.

OTT: Fold or jam spot?

Old
Wed Mar 26, 2014, 02:05 PM
(#2)
Since: Oct 2010
Against a 17/15, I'm not sure I like the 3bet call with AJo I think its slightly outside my calling range against a tight opponent. His overall 3bet is 10% but we don't know how much they 3bets vs BTN steals and how much they 3bet from the SB. Try to plot 10% on pokerstove and say they would 3bet with their entire range from the SB for both value and bluff so we might see something like: TT+, AK-AT, KQ, QJs-T9s, KJs, KTs, QTs you'd see that AJo is actually on the lower part of the block. So at this point I would either 4bet to 1.8$ or just fold.

As played, I'd fold OTT to his bet sizings: he bets big OTF and our call did not deter him from betting big again OTT. Against smaller bet sizes and loser opponents we can call turn and look to get away on diamond rivers, K, Q, or even T.

Getting PokerStars is easy: download and install the PokerStars game software, create your free player account, and validate your email address. Clicking on the download poker button will lead to the installation of compatible poker software on your PC of 51.7 MB, which will enable you to register and play poker on the PokerStars platform. To uninstall PokerStars use the Windows uninstaller: click Start > Control Panel and then select Add or Remove programs > Select PokerStars and click Uninstall or Remove.

Copyright (c) PokerSchoolOnline.com. All rights reserved, Rational Group, Douglas Bay Complex, King Edward Road, Onchan, Isle of Man, IM3 1DZ. You can email us on support@pokerschoolonline.com